2. Write 7rue or False: Give reasons for your answers. (i) Line segment joining the centre to any point on the circk is a radius of the circk. (ii,) A circk has only finite number of equq,l chords. (iii) If a circle is divided into three equal arcs, each is major arc. (iv) A chord of a circle, which is twice as long as its radius, is a diameter of the circk. (v) Sector is the region between the chord and its corresponding arc. (vi) A circk is a plane figure.

2. Write 7rue or False: Give reasons for your answers.
(i) Line segment joining the centre to any point on the circk is a radius of the circk.
(ii,) A circk has only finite number of equq,l chords.
(iii) If a circle is divided into three equal arcs, each is
major arc.
(iv) A chord of a circle, which is twice as long as its radius, is a diameter of the circk.
(v) Sector is the region between the chord and its corresponding arc.
(vi) A circk is a plane figure.

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Pawan Prajapati
askIITians Faculty 60787 Points
3 years ago
(i1 True Reason: Each point on the circumference of a circle is equidistant from a fixed point and this dist.a.nee is called radius of the circle. (ii) False Reason: Infinitely many chords can be drawn in a circle. 150 MATHEMATICS-IX (ii£) False Reason: Major arc has larger length than that of minor arc. Any arc is neither major nor minor among three equal arcs. (iv) True Reason: A diameter is the longest chord of a circle, which is double of its radius. (v) False Beason: A sector is the region among the arc and two corresponding radii. (vi) True. Reason: A circle is a two-dimensional figure.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free