Rizobium only lives in root nodules of leguminious plants and cynobabacteria lives in rice fields and association with cycas plants. Then tell me that there are different bacterias are in different plants which fix nitrogen . please approve please request no returns thankyou so iam happy that you will see my questions and answer all my questions thankyoy

Rizobium only lives in root nodules of leguminious plants and cynobabacteria lives in rice fields and association with cycas plants. Then tell me that there are different bacterias are in different plants which fix nitrogen . please approve please request no returns thankyou so iam happy that you will see my questions and answer  all my questions thankyoy

Grade:8

2 Answers

Raheema Javed
156 Points
8 years ago
Nitrogen-fixing bacteriaare microorganisms present in the soil or in plant roots that change nitrogen gases from the atmosphere into solid nitrogen compounds that plants can use in the soil. That's a mouthful! Let's break this concept down.

Two kinds of nitrogen-fixingbacteriaare recognized: free-living (non-symbiotic) bacteria, including thecyanobacteria(or blue-green algae)AnabaenaandNostocand genera such asAzotobacter,Beijerinckia, andClostridium; and mutualistic (symbiotic) bacteria such asRhizobium, associated with leguminous plants (e.g., various members of thepea family), and certainAzospirillumspecies, associated with cereal grasses.

The symbiotic nitrogen-fixing bacteria invade the root hairs of host plants, where they multiply and stimulate formation of root nodules, enlargements of plant cells and bacteria in intimate association. Within the nodules the bacteria convert free nitrogen toammonia, which the host plant utilizes for its development. To ensure sufficient nodule formation and optimum growth oflegumes(e.g., alfalfa, beans, clovers, peas, soybeans), seeds are usually inoculated with commercial cultures of appropriateRhizobiumspecies, especially insoilspoor or lacking in the required bacterium.
Prabhakar ch
577 Points
8 years ago
Rhizobia are soil bacteria that fix nitrogen (diazotrophs) after becoming established inside root nodules of legumes (Fabaceae). In order to express genes for nitrogen fixation, rhizobia require a plant host; they cannot independently fix nitrogen. In general, they are Gram-negative, motile, non-sporulating rods.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free