I am not understanding what is reaaly force

I am not understanding what is reaaly force

Grade:8

8 Answers

Apoorva Arora IIT Roorkee
askIITians Faculty 181 Points
8 years ago
In physics, aforceis any interaction that, when unopposed, will change the motion of an object. In other words, aforcecan cause an object with mass to change its velocity (which includes to begin moving from a state of rest), i.e., to accelerate.
Shehab
13 Points
8 years ago
Basically – a force is a push or a pull. If, for example, i am pushing a block which is sitting on the table, i am applying a force to it. This force is calculated in Newtons. So – as Newtons 1st Law of Inertia states – An object at rest would stay at rest, unless acted upon an outside force. The outside force, that is stopping the object to move around is Friction. So you actually have to push at a force, more that the friction, and what we call – over come the force.
Nitesh
102 Points
6 years ago
Force is a vector quantity which changes the shape,size and velocity of motion.The S.I unit of force is newton which is written as N or kg.m/secs.
Rushil
16 Points
6 years ago
Force is defined as any push or pull that has the tendency to change :1.The shape2.Size3.direction of motion4.state of rest or motion5.the velocity i.e it can accelerate the bodyBy 2 law of motion we getcto know that force (F) is directly proportional to rate of change of momentumInotial velocity -uFinal velocity (v )Initial momentum =mu.Final momentum =mvWe know from aboveF× mv-mu/tF× m (v-u)/tV-u/t =a F×ma× (proportionality)= kF=kma K=1F=ma
Amarjit
105 Points
6 years ago
Force is basically a push or a pull. It is that thing which can resist the motion of a particle as well as put a particle to move with a certain acceleration.
amisha
31 Points
6 years ago
simplyyy
all pushs and pulls are force
hope you got it
goodluck...................................................
shivani dixit
27 Points
6 years ago
force is an external cause which changes or tends to change the configuration(shape and size)or the state of rest or motion of a body.
for clear concept,let us take examples
1.a rubber band when stretched elongates and witnesses  a change in its conf..
  1. a book lying on the table is in rest,but when u apply effort to move it about is what is force.so force doesn’t lie in the object itself but it is an external effect.                                                                                                                            hope u got it well !
REENU SIVADARSHINI.M
118 Points
5 years ago
 FORCE :
    FORCE IS SOMETHING WHICH WILL  CHANGE THE MOTION OF THE BODY . A FORCE CAN CAUSE AN OBJECT  WITH MASS TO CHANGE THE VELOCITY  [ ACCELERATION 
      FORCE = MASS * ACCELERATION 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free