Match the items given in Column I with one or more items of Column II. Column I Column II (a) A plane mirror (i) Used as a magnifying glass. (b) A convex mirror (ii) Can form image of objects spread over a large area. (c) A convex lens (iii) Used by dentists to see enlarged image of teeth. (d) A concave mirror (iv) The image is always inverted and magnified. (e) A concave lens (v) The image is erect and of the same size as the object. (vi) The image is erect and smaller in size than the object.

Match the items given in Column I with one or more items of Column II.

Column I

Column II

(a) A plane mirror

(i) Used as a magnifying glass.

(b) A convex mirror

(ii) Can form image of objects spread over a large area.

(c) A convex lens

(iii) Used by dentists to see enlarged image of teeth.

(d) A concave mirror

(iv) The image is always inverted and magnified.

(e) A concave lens

(v) The image is erect and of the same size as the object.

(vi) The image is erect and smaller in size than the object.

Grade:upto college level

1 Answers

Vasantha Kumari
askIITians Faculty 38 Points
10 years ago

Column I

Column II

(a) A plane mirror

(v) The image is erect and of the same size as the object.

In a plane mirror, the image is formed behind the mirror and the image is at the same distance from the mirror as the object is in front of it. Also, the size of the image is equal to that of the object.

(b) A convex mirror

(ii) Can form image of objects spread over a large area?

A convex mirror is used as rear view mirrors in vehicles as they form images of objects that spread over a larger area. This mirror helps the drivers to look at the vehicles behind them.

(c) A convex lens

(i) Used as a magnifying glass.

A Convex lens produces a virtual, erect and enlarged image for the object placed between F and O(Optical Centre). This image formed is on the same side of the object and is hence used as a magnifying glass.

(d) A concave mirror

(iii) Used by dentists to see enlarged image of teeth.

The minute details of teeth examination is facilitated with the help of a concave mirror as it gives a magnified and erect image. Light is converged by a concave mirror and when we place the object between the pole and principal focus, concave mirror forms a magnified virtual image.

(e) A concave lens

vi) The image is erect and smaller in size than the object.

A concave lens is also called a diverging lens. The light rays falling on a concave lens always diverge after refraction and forms a virtual, erect and smaller image than the object.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free