Show the shape of the distance-time graph for the motion in the following cases: (i) A car moving with a constant speed. (ii) A car parked on a side road.

Show the shape of the distance-time graph for the motion in the following cases:

(i) A car moving with a constant speed.

(ii) A car parked on a side road. 

Grade:10

3 Answers

Deepak Patra
askIITians Faculty 471 Points
10 years ago

(i)A car moving with a constant speed covers equal distance in equal intervals of time. Such motion of car is represented in the given distance-time graph.

1148_88602_Image 1.jpg

(ii)The distance-time graph of a car parked on a road side is such that with the increase in time, there is no change in distance, as shown in the given figure.

2044_88602_Image 1.jpg

Hello
13 Points
4 years ago
Hello I am not sure what you were going through this is a great time for my dad to come to my birthday so I am not able to do the stuff I am happy for you I know I am not a big girl I just wanted u 
Kushagra Madhukar
askIITians Faculty 628 Points
3 years ago
Dear student,
Please find the solution to your problem.

(i) A car moving with a constant speed covers equal distance in equal intervals of time. Such motion of car is represented in the given distance-time graph.
1148_88602_Image 1.jpg
(ii) The distance-time graph of a car parked on a road side is such that with the increase in time, there is no change in distance, as shown in the given figure.
2044_88602_Image 1.jpg

Thanks and regards,
Kushagra

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free