ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

If 3 sin2 A + 2 sin2 B = 1 and 3 sin 2A − 2 sin 2B = 0, where A and B are acute angles then find the value of (A +2B)

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nirabhra, 

sin2B=3/2sin2A …(i)

And from the first equation,

3sin2A=1-2sin2B=cos2B …(ii)

cos (A + 2B) = cos A. cos 2B – sin A.sin 2B

3cosA.sin2A-32sinA.sin2A

3cosA.sin2A-3sin2AcosA =0

cos (A+2B)=0

∴ A+2B=π2,3π2 …(iii)

Given that < A < π/2 and 0 < B < π/2

⇒ 0<A+2B<π+π2

⇒ 0<A+2B<3π2 …(iv)

From (iii) and (iv),

A+2B=π2

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
prove pythagoras theorem using trigonometry..........................plz explain briefly

Pythagorean Theorem, The theorem states that: "The square on the hypotenuse of a right triangle is equal to the sum of the squares on the two legs”. This theorem is talking about...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago

For a right angled triangle, with sides P(perpendicular), B(base) and H(hypotenuse); write the trig. ratios in terms of P, B and H with any of the internal angle of the triangle. Using the...
  img
Ravi 5 months ago

Hi Student We know using trigonometry sin = p/h and cos = b/h and using identity sin 2 + cos 2 =1 p 2 /h 2 +b 2 /h 2 =1 p 2 + b 2 = h 2 (Hence proved)
  img
Harsh Patodia 5 months ago
( * ) If (secA + tan A) (sec B+ tanB) (secC + tan C) = (sec A – tan A) (sec B – tan B) (sec C – tan C) = k then k =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below (secA + tan A) (sec B+ tanB) (secC + tan C) = (sec A – tan A) (sec B – tan B) (sec C – tan C) = (1+sinA/...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
( * ) If A,B,C are acture angles such that sin (B+C-A) = cos(C+A-B) = tan(A+B-C) = 1 then (A,B,C)=

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below sin (B+C-A) =1 => B+C-A = 90 ….….(1) cos(C+A-B) = 1 => C+A-B= 0….…..(2) tan(A+B-C) = 1 =>...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
what is the maximum number of concurrent normals to an ellipse?

Ans: 4 Hello student, Please find answer to your question below Equation of ellipse: Equation of normal: Let the normal passes through point (x 1 , y 1 ) This polynomial equation in theta...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
A unit vector in xy-plane that makes an angle of 45(degree) with the vector i(cap)+j(cap) and an angle of tan(inverse)(4/5) with the vector 3(icap)-4(jcap) is...

The vector in xy plane is ai + bj Since it is a unit vector we have a^2 + b^2 = 1 -------- (1) The angle made by the vector ai + bj & i + j cos 45 = (a*1 + b*1)/sq root(a^2 + b^2) * sq root...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago

I did not write (cap) for vector so that we do not get confused with thest signs. ^ means square ----- a^ 2 means ‘a square’ * means multiplication ------ a * 1 means ‘ a multiplied by 1’

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago

Sir, Thankyou for your Reply but sir i. a^2 + b^2 = 1 ii.1^2 + 1^2 iii. a*1 + b*1 what is this stand for I dont know...means its 2ai(cap) or something else...

Pritesh 8 months ago
Total number of solutions x 2 -4-[x]=0

2 Solve it graphically.

Drake 8 months ago
View all Questions »