If 3 sin2 A + 2 sin2 B = 1 and 3 sin 2A − 2 sin 2B = 0, where A and B are acute angles then find the value of (A +2B)

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nirabhra, 

sin2B=3/2sin2A …(i)

And from the first equation,

3sin2A=1-2sin2B=cos2B …(ii)

cos (A + 2B) = cos A. cos 2B – sin A.sin 2B

3cosA.sin2A-32sinA.sin2A

3cosA.sin2A-3sin2AcosA =0

cos (A+2B)=0

∴ A+2B=π2,3π2 …(iii)

Given that < A < π/2 and 0 < B < π/2

⇒ 0<A+2B<π+π2

⇒ 0<A+2B<3π2 …(iv)

From (iii) and (iv),

A+2B=π2

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Trigonometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find general solution of the equation 2 (1+|cosx|+|cosx|2+ …...............inf) = 2

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
what is tan π/3+2tan2 π/3+4tan4 π/3+8tan8 π/3

√3 + 2x -√3 + 4 x √3 + 8 x – √3 = -5√3

Prateek Agrawal one month ago
efbs

Ans: For maxima: when Maximum value: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
Second step I want to understand

Ans: There is some little mistake in the expression Differentiete one time & apply the chain rule ….....(1) Put in (1)
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago

Dear student, This is a formula for nth order differentiation. Can you please elaborate what is the second step that you want to be clarified. You need to specify whether you like to do an...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago

sumit sir ….….…i understood this question ….…..................but i have another question can u please tell me my problem ….….…....the question is please explain fully ….if it has 0/0 form...

milind 3 months ago
Find the number of selection of r things out of n different things such that none of particular things are selected at a time. (Topic:Permutation And Combination)

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below The number of permutations of n dissimilar things taken r at a time when k(< r) particular things always occur is [(n-k)P...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 3 months ago

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below The number of permutations of n dissimilar things taken r at a time when k(< r) particular things always occur is [(n-k)P...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 3 months ago
please anyone help

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below [x] is the greatest integer that is less than or equal to x. [x] is 0 if x lies between 0 (included) and 1 (excluded) [x] is 1...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
View all Questions »