DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   as aboue

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Photochemical reactions do not take place in dark but take place in the presence of light by absorbing it.

2. Since different colored radiations in the range of visible light have different frequencies and hence different energies, therefore all radiations may not be able to initiate a particular reaction. For example, a photon of violet light has highest frequency and hence the highest energy. Hence a reaction which is initiated by violet light may not be initiated by other colored radiations 0of visible light. On the other hand, a photon of red light has lowest frequency and energy. Therefore a reaction that can be initiated by all other radiations as well.

3. Temperature has very little effect on the rate of a photochemical reaction. Instead, the intensity of light has marked effect on the rate of photochemical reaction.

4. The free energy change of a photochemical reaction may not be negative.

5. There are many substances which do not react directly when exposed to light. However, if another substance is added, the photochemical reaction starts.

example:- photosynthesis,etc.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Hi experts could you notify me on the BITSAT 2015 announcement and also suggest me which book to refer for organic chemistry – OP Tandon or RS Agarwal.

Important Notifications for BITSAT! BITSAT date of Examination - 14th May to 1st June 2014 BITSAT 2014 Notification released. Online application has begun. To apply online for BITSAT go to...
  img
Harishwar 9 months ago

Thanks for the reply. Again confused. Are you replying about 2014 announcement?

Vishuwaesh 9 months ago
STABLE CARBOCATION AND WHY

in my opinion answer may be 1 because in this carbocation there is maximum p-pi---p-pi back bonding, as nitrogen is more electronegative order of backbonding is N>O>F but i think answer wil ...

ng29 23 days ago

No ng but I studied about the mesomeric effect whIch is dominant than other factors for the stability of carbocation Over here it would be stabilise by resonance

grenade 19 days ago

B option is correct because of its+M(resonacce) effect stabilise the carbocation ther stability of a c + is like +M>+H>+I plz aprve

grenade 23 days ago
Does acetyl chloride give iodoform test?and why?

YES and NO.In some questions if heat is given then Qc is favouring forward reactions and reaction proceeds.

dev 6 months ago

YES and NO.In some questions if heat is given then Qc is favouring forward reactions and reaction proceeds.

dev 6 months ago
estimate the amount of magnesium that will be dissolved by a current of 01 ampere flowing for one hour

use the formula m=eit m=0.1x60x60e...............e=2/96500 m=7.46x10 -4

noogler 2 months ago

sorry 4 previous ans. i forgot to convert t in sec

noogler 2 months ago

1.24x10 -6

noogler 2 months ago
The number of bonded electrons pairs that are present in octahedral SF 6 molecules will be?

bonded electrons pairs that are present in octahedral SF 6 molecules will be 6 bcoz each fluorine atom is bonded to sulphur atoms in sf6 sulphur has 0 lone pair approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago

bonded electrons pairs that are present in octahedral SF 6 molecules will be 6 bcoz each fluorine atom is bonded to sulphur atoms in sf6 sulphur has 0 lone pair approve if useful

ng29 2 months ago
what is the shape of NH 3

pyramidal
  img
Avinash 6 days ago

img
Saurabh Kumar 6 days ago

pyramidal..because , no.of valence electrons in Nitrogen-5 bond pairs-3 lone pair-1

VIDULA 6 days ago
View all Questions »