DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   as aboue

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

1. Photochemical reactions do not take place in dark but take place in the presence of light by absorbing it.

2. Since different colored radiations in the range of visible light have different frequencies and hence different energies, therefore all radiations may not be able to initiate a particular reaction. For example, a photon of violet light has highest frequency and hence the highest energy. Hence a reaction which is initiated by violet light may not be initiated by other colored radiations 0of visible light. On the other hand, a photon of red light has lowest frequency and energy. Therefore a reaction that can be initiated by all other radiations as well.

3. Temperature has very little effect on the rate of a photochemical reaction. Instead, the intensity of light has marked effect on the rate of photochemical reaction.

4. The free energy change of a photochemical reaction may not be negative.

5. There are many substances which do not react directly when exposed to light. However, if another substance is added, the photochemical reaction starts.

example:- photosynthesis,etc.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
if the solubility product of BaSO 4 is 1.5*10 -10 in water. It’s solubility , in moles per litre is

BaSO4 ionises to give – BaSO4 Ba 2+ + SO 4 2-- Suppose solubility of BaSO4 is s mol/l.It would give s mol/l of Ba2+ ions and s mol/l of SO4 2- ions on dissociation. Now, solubility...
  img
Aarti Gupta 5 months ago

BaSO4<............>Ba+..+..SO4- C........................0...........0.......(intially) C-s.....................s..............s........(at equilibrium) where s is the...
  img
Naveen Kumar 5 months ago

If solubility product is 1.5*10^10,then for given reaction relation between solubility product and solubility is s.product=4*S^3 , where ‘S’ is solubility in mol/lit.the above relation comes...

aishwaryawagh 2 months ago
As acc. to MOT bonding molecular orbitals are stable than anti bonding molecular orbitals, but i want to know that by what percent does bonding molecular orbital is stable than anti bonding...

It depends upon the no. of electrons in bonding and antibonding orbitals, bonding will tell you the electrons that will help in forming the bond and antibonding will tell you to have the...
  img
Suraj Prasad 6 months ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja 3 months ago
Cr(NH 3 )(CO 3 ) what is the oxidation no. of Cr?

the oxidation state of the metal atom is the charge that would exist on the atom if the bonding were completly ionic oxidation no. of Cr:- i think you are missing its a carbonate ligand and...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago
i want a website from where i can downlaod Concise Inorganic Chemistry 5 th Edition By J.D.lee...

Hi student, You can but e-book copy from any ecommerce site. ITs available on Amazon. Thanks....
  img
Nishant Vora 4 months ago

sir i have tried lot of websites... but thanku for your attention

Rashmi Rai 4 months ago
What is peroxide linkage

Hii Peroxide is a Chemical Compound; which is created by two oxygen atoms bonding together, by a single bond. Hydrogen Peroxide is most commonly thought of when a person hears peroxide....
  img
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago

Hii Peroxide is a Chemical Compound; which is created by two oxygen atoms bonding together, by a single bond. Hydrogen Peroxide is most commonly thought of when a person hears peroxide....
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
View all Questions »