DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

for tautomerism to occur , atleast one alpha hydrogen must be acidic??

what alpha hydrogen & acidic hydrogen means here & how multiple bond on cyclocompounds reduce acidic character of hydrogen???plzzz..explain.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

acidic hydrogen means which attach with more electrondonating  group. always remember that sp hybridized carban  attach hydrogen is more acidic . in tauto merism atlist one alpha H atom is required for come out to hydrogen and  become enol content.alpha H means attach  alpha carben atom . if it is acidic or not always remove alpha H. mostly alpha H is acidic in tautomerism,

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Do you think we all are non living? do you think we all are non living with complex structures as we all are made up of elements working in complex manner by chemical reaction...but we...

Hello Akansha, You have asked a very good question. All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...
  img
Pankaj 4 months ago
Which of the following names are correct as per IUPAC norms? 2,6,6-trimethyloctane 3,3,7-trimethyloctane Pent-4-en-2-yne Diethyl ether

3 and 4 are incorrect. But in case of 1& 2, 1 is given correct in a book reasoning first locant (here methyl group) should get lowest number (3) whereas in 2 nd first locant gets 3 which is ...

Himaja 8 months ago

Lowest locant rule is violated in compunds one and third,fourth is common name and not IUPAC name,hence second compound is the correct answer

Harihara Narayanan 8 months ago

The second compound would be the right answer as first one and the third violates the lowest sum rule and the last one is a common name.

Havishma Haranath 8 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given,...

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3...

viswanath 5 months ago

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base ...

Shivam Chopra 5 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 5 months ago
need info on bragg’s x-ray crystallography

Bragg's Law refers to the simple equation: nλ = 2d sin Θ derived by the English physicists Sir W.H. Bragg and his son Sir W.L. Bragg in 1913 to explain why the cleavage faces of crystals...

Shashwat Tripathi 14 days ago
Which is the book with most detailed physical chem concepts ( upto the point needed by advance) and is solomon and fryle’s ms chauhan revisoned version best book overall for organic chem?...

for physics after hcverma and dc apndey you must start doing ANURAG MISHRA books which contains solved as well as unsolved problems of varying difficult level and based on latest jee...

ng29 3 months ago

@ng29 it seems like another genreric book like dc pandey i dont have time for that (mains focused books), how is the halliday and resnick reivsed (wiley)for advance … thanks for the chem...

mrigank 3 months ago

these books are good but in anurag mishra there is all type of questions that are asked in jee so i prefer anurag mishara for organic chemistry snsanyal is best for reagents and mechanisms...

ng29 3 months ago
Why is equitorial bond angle in sf4> ch2=sf4 (double bond in b/w), trying to understand it through bent rule but unable to so far...

SF4 has a trigonal bipyramidal structure with lone pair of electron in the equatorial position.The F-S-F bond angle is 101degree. In the trigonal-bipyramidal species H2C= SF4 the H atoms are...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 10 months ago

Yes ,you are correct but actually what i want to tell is that greater s character of lone pair leads to lowering of equatorial bond angle(F-S-F) from 1200 to 101degree.This is due to...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 10 months ago

Sir, bond angle is directly proportional to s character and therefore inversely proportio al to p character?

agam goel 10 months ago
View all Questions »