ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

for tautomerism to occur , atleast one alpha hydrogen must be acidic??

what alpha hydrogen & acidic hydrogen means here & how multiple bond on cyclocompounds reduce acidic character of hydrogen???plzzz..explain.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

acidic hydrogen means which attach with more electrondonating  group. always remember that sp hybridized carban  attach hydrogen is more acidic . in tauto merism atlist one alpha H atom is required for come out to hydrogen and  become enol content.alpha H means attach  alpha carben atom . if it is acidic or not always remove alpha H. mostly alpha H is acidic in tautomerism,

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
best books

PLease mention for whcih purpose you want best books (Class or Exam or Subject or Topic)
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago

please specify

dhanunjayavarma 2 months ago
The ticked answer is the answer provided by the book. Is the sum of locants rule not violated here? Please expain in detail how this compound is named.

No such rule is violated here. See, for the main compound, we have a cyclohexane ring and all the rest groups are substituents. For numbering, we choose the substituent having max. no of...

Yash Jain 6 months ago

So we don’t even number according to alphabetical order? Is it the same with straight chain compounds?

Ayesha Khan 6 months ago
Can anyone help me how to differentiate b/w nucleophile & base during rxn with halo – compounds? I know that nucleophile do substitution & base do elimination. But, when such rxn is given, I...

In some cases a nucleophile can act as a good base also When a 1 0 alkyl halide (2 0 also in most cases) is involved in the reaction substitution happens. Elimination reactions occur for 3 0...

viswanath 3 months ago

Please tell me how would I know that I would use it as nucleophile for substitution or base for elimination. Talking to the point, I want to know the major difference b/w nucleophile & base...

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago

Thanks for trying. I just want a major difference b/w nucleophile & a base except for that nucleophile attack on carbon & base on hydrogen.

Shivam Chopra 3 months ago
why there is ahydride gap in 7 th 8 th and 9 th groups of d block

Hydrogen combine with many element forming hydride in which its oxidation state is -1. The 7th8thand 9thgroup of d and f block donot form any hydrides with hydrogen because these elememt...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago
sodium thiosulphate is formed when

thiosulpahate ion is also used in the iodometric titration

akshat yesterday

6 NaOH + 4 S → 2 Na 2 S + Na 2 S 2 O 3 + 3 H 2 O approve if useful

akshat yesterday
I have these two doubts please help me with these please try to be more explanative

Let us cosider two molecules of Ethylene. we can think it as we have to break two c-c double bond and we have to form four c-c single bond. Now breaking of bond requires energy(endothermic)...
  img
Naveen Kumar 6 months ago

this is a simple question and you can get good things from solving this so just try

britto george one month ago

thank you

Kaustubh Nayyar 5 months ago
View all Questions »