for tautomerism to occur , atleast one alpha hydrogen must be acidic??

what alpha hydrogen & acidic hydrogen means here & how multiple bond on cyclocompounds reduce acidic character of hydrogen???plzzz..explain.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

acidic hydrogen means which attach with more electrondonating  group. always remember that sp hybridized carban  attach hydrogen is more acidic . in tauto merism atlist one alpha H atom is required for come out to hydrogen and  become enol content.alpha H means attach  alpha carben atom . if it is acidic or not always remove alpha H. mostly alpha H is acidic in tautomerism,

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
*Can anybody pls tell me the mechanism for this reaction?? #Attachment * also tell me whether picric acid or mentioned product which will be major??? * u can also mention some source where i...

the mechanism for this ketonic product will be the oxidation of OH group to keto group and when it will be passed by water then two keto group will remain and thus you will get this product....
  img
Suraj Prasad 27 days ago
Which has higher resonance energy ch2=ch-f or ch2=ch-br?

the other one has more resonance energy

2015 years ago
sir can i know the rule for naming this compound

3-Ethyl4-propyloctane not much sure about the punctuations

Sankalp Tiwari 11 days ago
de broglie wavelength is related to applied voltage

the debroglie wavelength is the realtion between matter and wave natute of particle which is given by the expression lambda=h/mv lambda=12.27[V(ev/2mc^2+1)]^-1/2] in short lambda=12.27/sqrtV...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
how do polar solvents help in the first step in SN1 mechanism

TheSN1 reactionis asubstitution reactioninorganic chemistry. "SN" stands fornucleophilic substitutionand the "1" represents the fact that therate-determining...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
Sir , Why is time taken in themerodynamic process determine the reverseble or irreverseble process.

A thermodynamically reversible process is a slow process.For attaiming reversible cycle the process would have to be significantly slow so that the system be in equilibrium every time...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 28 days ago

ex-put some weight W on the piston and allow it to compress little by little by putting some weight by amount dW so that we can bring back the process to the previous stage.Each process will...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 27 days ago

Thanks for your answer, can you give me a example.

Vineeth 27 days ago
View all Questions »