for tautomerism to occur , atleast one alpha hydrogen must be acidic??

what alpha hydrogen & acidic hydrogen means here & how multiple bond on cyclocompounds reduce acidic character of hydrogen???plzzz..explain.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

acidic hydrogen means which attach with more electrondonating  group. always remember that sp hybridized carban  attach hydrogen is more acidic . in tauto merism atlist one alpha H atom is required for come out to hydrogen and  become enol content.alpha H means attach  alpha carben atom . if it is acidic or not always remove alpha H. mostly alpha H is acidic in tautomerism,

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is a phenol

Phenol, also known as carbolic acid, is an aromatic organic compound with the molecular formula C₆H₅OH. It is a white crystalline solid that is volatile. The molecule consists of a phenyl...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 10 days ago
what is more stable benzylic or allyic ?

An allylic cation is a carbocation with the positive charge on an allylic carbon; an allylic carbon is a carbon adjacent to an sp2 carbon of an alkene. CH2=CHC + HR ALLYLIC CARBON A benzylic...
  img
Aarti Gupta 28 days ago
expalin optical isomerism and its types with neat and clean figure.

Optical isomerism is a form of stereoisomerism.In stereoisomerism the isomers have similar molecular formula but differs in spatial arrangement of atoms. Optical isomers are those isomers...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 days ago
in physical chemistry my mole concept portion is weak... how to improve it for jee..

no need to worry always remember mole is only a quantity representing 6.023 *10^23 practise as many problrm as you can from good reference book like rc mukherjee or p bahadur it is also...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
I need help! I have an important test scheduled for Monday and I have to study Double , Back and Redox Titration. I have O.P Tandon Physical Chemistry but I fail to understand the concept...

I think this would help you Double titration means two titrations are done in a process. In this process: The first titration is done to standardize the titrant (usually taken in burette)....
  img
why characteristics of anode rays depend upon the nature of electrods and gases present in it

Anode rays are because of nucleus containing protons and neutrons and different atoms have different ratio of protons to neutrons so e/m ratio differs(since mass is also affected by...
  img
View all Questions »