what is wurtz reaction?

why is the same compound written twice?

why is Na added?

what do you mean by 'even number of carbon atoms' as the product of this reaction?

what exactly  happens when two different types of alkyl halides are taken?

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I have a class test tommorow on biomolecules.I have only 2-3 hours to study is it enough and what are the topics I should concentrate on. Please reply urgently!!

Study about starch, cellulose linkages, glucose structure, its properties, different tests for glucose classification of amino acids, structure of amino acids, fructose structure , DNA and...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago
Describe the basic of organic chemistry. what is the scope of organic chemistry in our society?

Organic Chemistry is the branch of chemistry which involves the study of organic compounds.Organic compounds are the compounds obtained from living organisms like plants and animals.All such...
  img
Aarti Gupta 4 months ago
Is there a shortcut for finding the number of isomers for functional hydrocarbons

Dont go for short cuts. Remember when two or more compounds have the same molecular formula but different functional group for example an aldehyde and ketone , an alcohol and ether are...
  img
Harishwar 3 months ago
does the volume strength of H2O2 depend on conditions? since 1L of H2O2 at different conditions give different volume of O2. then, what is the use of such volume strength labelling?

The volume strength can give different volume a of O2 at different condition, but at STP the volume given of O2 can be converted to its number of mole and so we have molarity of H2O2. As we...
  img
Naveen Kumar one month ago
stationary orbits give energy to electrons then who will give energy to stationery orbits

Dear student, The stationary orbits donot give energy to electrons. It is the presence of electrons in certain energy shells/orbits makes the electrons in those orbits possess that energy....
  img
Sumit Majumdar 5 months ago

no in stationary orbit the enegy of electron is quantised.because the angular momentum(mvr) is directly proportional to n(orbit) En= -13.6z^2/n^2 thanks and regards sunil kr askIITian...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
Can I prepare complete Inorganic chemistry in 4 moths as I have not studied it at all.Can it be prepared in time that is left now.

Dear student yes you can definitely complete your inorganic chemistry in the period of 4 months,as it would be enough time for you.Don’t take stress while thinking that you...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Dear student NCERT book is very good but for the detail description of topics you should use other helping books also.As in such book you get the descriptions which you might need while...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago

Yeah, you can prepare Inorganic Chemistry in 4 months but just make sure you also keep in touch with other subjects .You can give majority of time to Inorganic but ewach subject is...
  img
Aziz Alam 2 months ago
View all Questions »