what is wurtz reaction?

why is the same compound written twice?

why is Na added?

what do you mean by 'even number of carbon atoms' as the product of this reaction?

what exactly  happens when two different types of alkyl halides are taken?

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I have purchased the book for organic chemistry by ms chouhan, solomon, fryhle. So my question to you was that whether it is a good book for understanding organic chemistry or not or should...

both the books are enough for understanding organic chemistry. You can use MS chauhan for solving questions and solomon fryhle for theory. No other book is really...
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago

Thank you

Utkarsh 2 months ago
is solutions avalible for this book

Dear student, please clearly mention the book name and author name. Hope you will post the complete question....
  img
Ramreddy 4 months ago
In CROSS ALDOL CONDENSATION, as in the picture , I think instead of “ 2-Methylpen-2-ene ” it should form “ hex-3-enal ” and instead of “ 2-methylbut-2-enal ” it should form “ pent-3-enal ”....

In aldol condensation reaction in aldehyde group electrons shift towards oxygen atom and carbon gets +ve charge. In another aldehyde group alpha-hydrogen is lost and alpha carbon gets -ve...

Himaja one month ago

the actual answer given in the attatchement is what you get from self aldol but that is not major product , the major product that you get is 2-methyl but-2-en-1-al.

daksh one month ago
how to find molarity?

molarity is the concentration of a solution given in gram moles of solute per liter of solution. It is defined as the number of moles of solute per unit volume of solution, i.e. -...

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 4 months ago

it is molarity (M) = moles solute/litres solution

Saloni gordhan Rakholiya 4 months ago
1) 10 g of argon gas is compressed isothermally and reversibly at a temperature of 27 0 C from 10 Lit to 5 Lit. Calculate q and ∆H for this process. Ans: q = + 103.99 calories and ∆H = 0

The process is isothermal, T=constant. Change in internal energy(dU)=0 from 1 st law q= dU + dW q= dW ispthermal work done= nRT ln(V2/V1) You can use the above equation to find the q and dH....
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago

The process is isothermal, T=constant. Change in internal energy(dU)=0 from 1 st law q= dU + dW q= dW ispthermal work done= nRT ln(V2/V1) You can use the above equation to find the q and dH....
  img
Ramreddy 2 months ago
How many resonance structures exist for graphite?And what are they?

Hello Himaja There are tworesonance structures exist for graphite
  img
Pankaj 3 days ago
View all Questions »