Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

please tell me how to decide no of space isomers an for an optically active compound which can show geometrical isomerism also. there was on this jee last year. could you please help me with this.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

It is given by the formula, 2n where n is the number of chiral carbon centres.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

suggest a good book for ORGANIC & INORGANIC Chemistry fot JEE(Mains & Advance) and also suggest a good book which has all the three sections of chemistry i.e, (Organic , Inorganic &...
@ aryan if u are considering both mains and adv , then they both are separate . beacuse jee mains testing how much facts u can remember , but jee adv are totally conceptual and they are...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
From my actual experience read NCERT books thoroughly. Every step every word every paraagraph is important. Books U can take then as: Organic chemitsry by Morrison and Boyd or by Shishir...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Describe reaction of but-1-ene and but-2-ene with tollen reagent separately?
Since tollen’s reagent is used to distinguish between the alkynes and alkenes. The product formed with but-1-ene and but-2-ene both would not give any precipitate.
2017 years ago
Can`t understand how to give IUPAC and common names to compound and how groups get attached to compounds??
Dear student You can go through this blog to understand IUPAC nomenclature in a better way
Bhavya one month ago
Why is Bohr's model of an atom only valid for uni-electronic species?
In any atom there would be an electrostatic force due to nucleus to an electron which is an attraction force and therefore it would act on an individual electron because further in case of...
Vikas TU 22 days ago
What is the radius of Li 2+ ion in 2nd orbit and please give me the formula
@ piyush u haVE to use the below formula r (n ) = n ^ 2*0.529* 10^ -10 / zm z = atomic number = 3 n = 2 (as given 2 nd orbit ) just put the value in the formula and calculate it . r (n ) =...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The formula of finding the radius of atom = 0.529 * n^2/Z So, here the ‘n’ is 2 & ‘Z’ is 3 Then, Radius=0.529 * 4/3 =0.705
Lakshit one month ago
Why ozone can`t react with moist iodine? *NOT ACCEPTING LESS THAN 50 CHARS*
@ gagandeep iodine will be converted into iodic acid when react with water . and that iodic acid cannot be react with ozone , and if it react then reaction will not take place due to...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn