Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 500 off

could you please give the information about hemiacetal and hemiketal groups

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

Although optical rotation has been one of the most frequently determined characteristics of carbohydrates since its recognition in the late 19th century, the rotational behaviour of freshly prepared solutions of many sugars differs from that of solutions that have been allowed to stand. This phenomenon, termed mutarotation, is demonstrable even with apparently identical sugars and is caused by a type of stereoisomerism involving formation of an asymmetrical centre at the first carbon atom (aldehydo carbon) in aldoses and the second one (keto carbon) in ketoses.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Organic Chemistry

to check stability of carbanion what is the priority of consideration of following factors? delocalization of charge,mesomeric& inductive effect,hybridization or degree of carbon of...
For stability of Carboanions Learn this code: -MR. HI It stands as: -M for -mesomeric effect R is for Resonance H is for Hyperconjugation and I is for Inductive effct. This is all in...
Vikas TU one month ago
Functions of various reagents used in organic chemistry problems.
Sir, actually at present i am solving class 12th "haloalkanes, and haloarenes". so i need the list of reagents and their functions from this chapter. But as i would further solve the next...
Apar 17 days ago
@ apar there are a lot of reagents are avaliable as far as the whole organic chemistry are concerned . so, kindly tell me of which chapter u need the list of reagents . so, that i can...
Umakant biswal 20 days ago
Is vicinal dihalide more stable than normal than other halides and dihalide?
Yes, i think so as single carbon atom attache with more than one halide is a advantage. it leads as a strong base and could lead to an elimination reaction easily.
Vikas TU one month ago
How to check dipole moment procedudure of dipole moment in inorganic chemistry and what method to apply
@ rahul u can calculate the dipole moment of the molecules by the following formula u = q*l where u is the dipole moment q is the magntide of either charges and l is the dipole length HOPE...
Umakant biswal 6 days ago
What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ?? What is acid anhydride ??what is condentation degree??
What does meta refers to in sodium meta aluminate ? Meta denotes a modification. Meta can signify least hydrated derivative of an acid anhydride. Here, meta is distinguished from ‘ortho’....
dolly bhatia 2 months ago
meta is a classification or a category which here refer the sodium meta aluminate a very least hydrated form of NaAlO2.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 500 off

More Questions On Organic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn