my expected AIR is around 500 to 700....which branch and which iit i can get....what is best 4 me....???? i am interested in computer science, mechanical, electrical...

my expected AIR is around 500 to 700....which branch and which iit i can get....what is best 4 me....????

i am interested in computer science, mechanical, electrical...

Grade:12

2 Answers

Askiitians Expert Gaurav Aggarwal - IIT Delhi
14 Points
14 years ago

Dear Anshul,

This is quite a good rank. I suggest that at this rank you should think of mainly IITB, IITD, IITK. You can get computer science at IIT Guwahati or in any of new IITs, but doing electrical or mechanical in the above listed IITs may prove to be more beneficial. Mechanical you can get in any of the IITs if your rank lies closer to 500, but at 700 it may not be available in the top ranked IITs. 4 year electrical would also not be available in the top IITs. But we have here dual degree courses in electrical which may be an option for you. These are 5 year course in which you get a bachelors and a masters degree. Also, consider Electrical (power) at IIT Delhi which is an excellent option for those who can't take electrical at the top IITs and still have a lot of interest in electrical.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Anshul !!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

Gaurav

umesh chandrakant shah
36 Points
14 years ago

Dear Anshul,

You are the student of Computer.

Your first choice is also Computer.

You should go for Computer branch only.

My heartly Congratulations for good rank in IIT-2010.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free