There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

my expected AIR is around 500 to 700....which branch and which iit i can get....what is best 4 me....????

i am interested in computer science, mechanical, electrical...

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Anshul,

This is quite a good rank. I suggest that at this rank you should think of mainly IITB, IITD, IITK. You can get computer science at IIT Guwahati or in any of new IITs, but doing electrical or mechanical in the above listed IITs may prove to be more beneficial. Mechanical you can get in any of the IITs if your rank lies closer to 500, but at 700 it may not be available in the top ranked IITs. 4 year electrical would also not be available in the top IITs. But we have here dual degree courses in electrical which may be an option for you. These are 5 year course in which you get a bachelors and a masters degree. Also, consider Electrical (power) at IIT Delhi which is an excellent option for those who can't take electrical at the top IITs and still have a lot of interest in electrical.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Anshul !!!

Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Dear Anshul,

You are the student of Computer.

Your first choice is also Computer.

You should go for Computer branch only.

My heartly Congratulations for good rank in IIT-2010.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

what should be the timetable for me to score air 1 in JEE mains and advanced?
@ YDGCU scoring AIR 1 in jee main and jee advanced is not that easy , for that u need a solid preparation , and u must have to be clear with your besic concept that are there in ncert ,...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I am in 10 the standard right now in ICSE syllabus and I want to prepare for JEE exams so how should I prepare and how should I study
Hii I am giving you the list of Books which you can follow in order to do the prepration .Follow these and contact Askiitians in case of any doubt on 0120-4616500. Reference Books for...
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago
Hii the basic stuff is the books that you follow in order to do the prepration.Here is the list of books that you can follow Reference Books for Engineering Entrance Exam Chemistry NCERT...
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago
Sir, what mininum marks i need to get civil branch in any of the iits? I m a type of dropper. I have not got a good college , so i want to attemp for jee again in 2017. I have no choaching....
@ shubhra we cannot predict the marks here as jee advanced specially changes the total no of marks everytime to surprise the students . so, for getting civil in top 5 iits u need a rank...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
i got 105 in jee mains 2016 and 71 percent in cbse board and i am SC candidate please kindly tell me my Air rank and Sc ranking ? thanks in advance..
SAHIL 4 months ago
Dear student, you may better wait for your result to be disclosed to get the exact rank for your score, along with this you must keep visiting the official websites of some renowned...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
it say my sc rank is 1998 and general rank is 27000 but career 360 and resonance says general rank is 175000 – 190000 and sc rank is 8000- 12000
Sidharth Rajben 4 months ago
my st rank is 448 in the jee advance.. can i get admission in iits
Congratulations for an awesome JEE Advance rank. Obviously you can get admission at good IIT college in your preferred branch. In the meanwhile you can also check for some Private...
raghav dua 3 months ago
Well,is computer science or ECE good ih hyderabad BITS campus, if not then in which campus is it good?, is it enough to score 330 in bits to get a seat in BITS(ECE/CSE) in a good campus??
Yes both are good branches if you are able to score in Pilani its good or Hyderabad is not bad either . Yes if you are able to get this much definitely you will get engineering branch in...
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago
It totally depends on your personal choice as well as your interest what you really want to be in your life, otherwise both the branches are equally good. To talk about good colleges or...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
today jee gave the mock allotments... according to my rank. i am getting aerospace in kharagpur.. i can also get integrated dual degree in madras and kharagpur.. probably.. which is...
Dear students, Which branch you are getting in Madras and KHaragpur. If not core then Prefer aerospace in Kgp. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Dear Student, If going for higher studies then only prefer integrated course. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
correction-i am gettin aerospace itself in integrated in madras n aerspace in kharagpur.
chirag one year ago
sir i want to know that which iit is best for in computer science ???????????
All IITs are best as per the branch. It depends on the rank which u get to get into an IIT. I can give you a rough estimate about the ranking the trends change every year but roughly...
Ramesh V 7 years ago
It cant be said that which iit is best for computer science but one thing can be said that iit delhi has one of the most challenging curriculum and very good fascilities for engineering in...
AskiitianExpert Vinayak-iitd 7 years ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts