There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

sir what is the range of rank in iit if i have to do aeronautics/research. will it be possible without jee how to get there 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sonika,

you should get around 600-800 AIR to get aerospace in IIT bombay.So you should get a rank of around 2000 to get aerospace in old IIT (which are better).After Btech you should do PH.D to do research work.It is possible to get without JEE also but you should be in better insistitutes with good infrastructure to carry on your PH.D or research work.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Suryakanth –IITB

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

sir i got 85680 rank in jee main i want to take admission in NIT in electrical engineering....plz tell me is there any possibility of getting admission in NIT in electrical engineering...
Yes there is possibility, but you might have to wait for further rounds. Also depends upon the category rank.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Yes, There is possibility for you.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Sir i am OBC ncl can I get admission in NIT in electrical engineering branch
aman kumar one year ago
Sir iit me admission me category wise rank use hote Hai ya AIR?
@ dipesh for admission into iit u need to first qualify the jee advanced exam , and be on top percentile of the respective board . and the catagory seats are filled with catagory rank and...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
I am in 11 and i want to take marine engineering at iit mumbai...what should be my rank in iit jee to get marine engineering...
@ rishi marine engg falls at the 6 th imp branch in the iit madras , so, ur rank to be within 6500-7200 CRL to get marine engg at iit madras , for that do hrdwork from right now , and donot ...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
I m getting 200+ marks in jee rmains paper 2 .. my cat is SC what are my chances to get a seat in any of the good college.. nit or anything ? Plzz reply paper 1 was a complete disaster.....
For 200+ in JEE Main, you will get a good NIT.. You should try School of planning and Architecture Delhi...
Saurabh Kumar 5 months ago
Dear Student you have brigt chance to get admission at an NIT, I suggest you to look for renowned institutions offering Architectural degrees, make sure the institutions you may visit they...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
Top 20 percentile cut-off marks of gujarat board 2016?
Top 20 percentile marks of GUJARAT board are as follows : for General-363 for Sc and St- 304 for Obc- 339 Thanks and approve my answer keep posting your queries regards sahil
SAHIL 2 months ago
i have passed medical stream from cbse board with 83% marks but i am interested in doing computer engineering after passing JEE exam. to qualify for the exam i need mathematics. i wanted to ...
@ harpreet Your query is not clear , if u have PCMBE subject only then u can go for both medical and engg . and if u have PCBE then u can only go in medical stream , and if PCME then only...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
dear Student, it does not make much difference that you have read maths in 12 th or not but it does matter that you need to have cleared this subject in the test i.e. JEE, so, pull up your...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
Hello sir my aieee rank is 300000 ..This only 1.5lakh user register their name for counsiling ..i know that from time of india newspaper....So can i get ANy IIIT or GFTI ...plz sir rply
As your score is too low to get in at an IIT/NIT so, I recommend you to visit the official weblinks of some renowned institutions to seek admission details and then get enrolled in any of...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
Sorry brother no chance of NIT IIIT or GFTI I suggest you go for private and it is not that bad okay.
Akshit Matthew one year ago
and also the seat allotement is based on merit only and no other stats.
Akshit Matthew one year ago
Dear Student, this is purely a matter of your personla choice as per your area of interest. Both the institutions are equally good in almost all the respects. Have you been allotted or...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
mnnit allahabad ece is better than nit warangal electrical. i have considered placement as well as academic environment as a factor of comparison
SAHIL 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Marks and Rank in IIT JEE

Ask Experts