FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

how grignard reagent used to prepared ethane

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

ROH + CH3CH2MgBr = CH3CH3

any compound containing active hydrogen on treating with ethyl magnesium bromide gives ethane

3 years ago

Treat C2H5MgX with H2O or alcohol or any other H+ ion donor, in this way ethane would be formed

3 years ago

Grignard reagent + water------------>ethane + cl-Mg-OH
3 years ago

grignard reagent are very reactive, they abstract H atom from any source of proton and forms alkanes.

to prepare ethane u can take CH3CH2MgCl +  H2O or dil HCl ------> CH3CH3

3 years ago

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Why Eu ropium shows a sudden increase in atomic radius. (At. Radius of Sm = 180pm , Eu = 199pm and Gd = 180 pm)?

Actually there is confusion in you.The atomic radius which I found was all the same for the three element as 180 pm. Lets see,there is a decrease in atomic radius There is a decrease in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

@Sunil Kumar FP Go to this link and check Table 8.9 on pg.229 ncertbooks.prashanthellina.com/class_12.Chemistry.ChemistryI/8.pdf

Shibashis Mallik 6 months ago
i want a website from where i can downlaod Concise Inorganic Chemistry 5 th Edition By J.D.lee...

Hi student, You can but e-book copy from any ecommerce site. ITs available on Amazon. Thanks....
  img
Nishant Vora 5 months ago

sir i have tried lot of websites... but thanku for your attention

Rashmi Rai 5 months ago
why are s,p,d,f block written is small letter

dear friend its just a method of representing the various orbitals. actually it is the azimuthal quantum number for l=0 we have s orbital l=1 p orbital l=2 d orbital l=3 f orbital and so on...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 8 months ago
Why is the fossil record important to the theory of evolution?

If you mean Darwin's theory of evolution by Natural Selection, then fossils are important because they are 1) evidence of extinction and 2) that more lineages went extinct than survived and...

vikas yadav 27 days ago

applying Carbon dating to the Fossil fuels one can know the age of the fossil and by various fossil fuels one can know how different animals lived during different time periods and thus can...

UPINDERJEET SINGH 27 days ago
ONE MOLE OF CH4 CONTAINS.

1 mole of methane (CH4) contains: - 1 mole of carbon - 2 mole of Hydrogen (H2) - 12 g of carbon (because 1 mole of C = rmm = 12g) - 4 g of hydrogen (because 2 moles of H2 = 2 x rmm = 4 g) -...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 9 days ago

- 1 mole of carbon - 2 mole of Hydrogen (H2) - 12 g of carbon (because 1 mole of C = rmm = 12g) - 4 g of hydrogen (because 2 moles of H2 = 2 x rmm = 4 g) - 16 g of methane (because 1 mole of...
  img
Nishant Vora 9 days ago
Q . WHICH IS THE DECREASING ORDER OF STABILITY OF THE IONS? (2)>(3)>(1) (1)>(2)>(3) (1)>(3)>(2) (3)>(1)>(2)

i am also getting the answer as (A) but the correct option is (C) in this case

Bharat Makkar 5 months ago

i think answer is c only because the carbocation there is stabilised by the lone pair of oxygen by backbonding and in second case there is deactivation by oxygen resulting highly unstablised...

daksh 5 months ago

oops sorry! dint see ur attachment...............ya even i think the answer is (a) in second one there is a chance of tautomerism and the third one is stabilized by the +Ieffect of alkyl...

Rakesh 5 months ago
View all Questions »