FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

how grignard reagent used to prepared ethane

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

ROH + CH3CH2MgBr = CH3CH3

any compound containing active hydrogen on treating with ethyl magnesium bromide gives ethane

3 years ago

Treat C2H5MgX with H2O or alcohol or any other H+ ion donor, in this way ethane would be formed

3 years ago

Grignard reagent + water------------>ethane + cl-Mg-OH
3 years ago

grignard reagent are very reactive, they abstract H atom from any source of proton and forms alkanes.

to prepare ethane u can take CH3CH2MgCl +  H2O or dil HCl ------> CH3CH3

3 years ago

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
in lathanides, why neodymium possess high paramagnatism than others?

ThetetragonalNd2Fe14B crystal structure has exceptionally high uniaxialmagnetocrystalline anisotropy(HA~7teslas- magnetic field strength H in A/m versus magnetic moment in A.m2).This gives...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

Respected sunil kumar sir, i cann’t clearely understand your answer , so pls give details broadly.

muthu sankar g 7 months ago
What is the hybridisation of Phosphorus in PH3?

for phospine it is sp3 because the hybrid was just resulted from sigma bond of the 3s orbital of the H and p orbital of the P,however, only 3 bonds will form because the remaining two...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 6 months ago

sir,will the drago rule not be applied here?

vineet chatterjee 6 months ago
can hybridisation can be of type d 3 s

yes there can be hybridisation of d^3s type.but in this the ns orbital will combine with (n-1)d orbital and not with the same shell.the reason is the large difference in energy and secondly...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago
If I am Given Two compounds How can I know which is more acidic or basi c ? Refer to the below question for example.

The answer is b) A-II, B-I, C-I, D-II The reasons are as follows:- A) We know that any group attached at the ortho position increases the acidity of the benzyl group substituent (Ortho...

Yash Jain 3 months ago
What do you meant by a susstance? Is there any differnce between matter and substance. Explain with an example.

Dear student, We generally define the termmatterfor all ordinary mattercomposed of atoms, and it excludedes phenomena such aslightorsound. We can generalize this concept of matter from atoms...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 6 months ago

Matter is anything that has mass and takes up space(volume). But Substance (specifically chemical substance) is a matter with definite chemical composition. So anything that has mass and...
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago
how make easy to learn physical chemistry

Physical chemistry is mostly thermodynamics and quantum mechanics, so, yeah, lots of equations and math. Not necessarily easier, but definitely a different style of chemistry than O-chem....
  img
Saurabh Kumar 5 days ago

if you try to understand the apllications of Physical Chemsiry in real world, you will like the subject and you wiil enjoy with the topics of physical chemsitry. for example: Osmosis,...

suresh yesterday

if you try to understand the apllications of Physical Chemsiry in real world, you will like the subject and you wiil enjoy with the topics of physical chemsitry. for example: Osmosis,...

suresh yesterday
View all Questions »