how grignard reagent used to prepared ethane

2 years ago

Answers : (5)

ROH + CH3CH2MgBr = CH3CH3

any compound containing active hydrogen on treating with ethyl magnesium bromide gives ethane

2 years ago

Treat C2H5MgX with H2O or alcohol or any other H+ ion donor, in this way ethane would be formed

2 years ago

Grignard reagent + water------------>ethane + cl-Mg-OH
2 years ago

grignard reagent are very reactive, they abstract H atom from any source of proton and forms alkanes.

to prepare ethane u can take CH3CH2MgCl +  H2O or dil HCl ------> CH3CH3

2 years ago

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
The ratio of walength of photon corresponding to the “x” line of Lyman series in H-atom and “y” line of Baler series in He+ is 1:1 1:2 1:4 3:16

the wavelength of any line of lyman series is given by = and that of balmer series is [\lambda] is the wavelength. Bis a constant with the value of 3.6450682×10-7m or 364.50682 nm. mis...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
what is le chatelier's principle??? Explain in brief..

A statement of Le Chatelier's Principle If a dynamic equilibrium is disturbed by changing the conditions, the position of equilibrium moves to counteract the change. Using Le...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 2 months ago
How should i start s and pblock? i tried making notes of it but there seems nolimit to a topic so how can i know what all is sufficient and what all is useless? i referred to syllabus but...

s and p block elements constitute the representative elements of the periodic table.For the study of these elements use NCERT books which helps you first in finding the various topics to be...
  img
Aarti Gupta 11 days ago
please see attachment first then read this remaining question if the second step is rate determining step then the order od rxⁿ wrt NO is

dear friend here the second step is the rate determining step or the slowest step. Here the slowest step is the second step.So the rate will depend on the concentration of 1 power of NO...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 29 days ago

Since here the cesond step is rate determing therefore thge proceed of the reaction will depend on the second step which is the slowest step. The order of the reaction will be-k[NOBr2][NO]...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

yes you are correct but i missed one step i told that rate =k[NOBr2][NO] But rate of formation of NOBr2=k1[NO][Br2] therefore,rate=kk1[NO]^2[Br2] Thus the rate with respect to NO will be 2...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 29 days ago
how to know that which reaction will be sn1 or sn2 ?

Let’s compare the SN1 and the SN2. The MechanismThe SN2 reaction is concerted. That is, the SN2 occurs in one step, and both the nucleophile and substrate are involved in the rate...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 4 days ago
which is more acidic water or methanol?

Water is more acidic than methanol because methanol is a basic and water can be considered as neutral. So, in the ph scale water is more reactive than methanol. methanol is the simplest form...

Yugabrat Gogoi one month ago

Methanol is more acidic than water pK a of methanol = 15.54 pK a of water = 15.74 you know lesser pKa means more acidic , methanol is more acidic than water ;

MANU MITRAAN one month ago
View all Questions »