FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

how grignard reagent used to prepared ethane

3 years ago

Answers : (5)

ROH + CH3CH2MgBr = CH3CH3

any compound containing active hydrogen on treating with ethyl magnesium bromide gives ethane

3 years ago

Treat C2H5MgX with H2O or alcohol or any other H+ ion donor, in this way ethane would be formed

3 years ago

Grignard reagent + water------------>ethane + cl-Mg-OH
3 years ago

grignard reagent are very reactive, they abstract H atom from any source of proton and forms alkanes.

to prepare ethane u can take CH3CH2MgCl +  H2O or dil HCl ------> CH3CH3

3 years ago

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
the pair of elemets which forms a compound with maximum ionic character is: ​a) Na & C ​b)Cs and F c)Cs and I d)Na and Cl

B- Cs and F as clearly Cs is most electropositive element and F is most electronegative element and they form most ionic product

daksh one month ago

for max ionic character large size of cation and small size of anion so answer is CsF APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 one month ago
Question is attached... {ALTS-10 Q76}

ans-all of above
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
What are its effects on temperature, effect on inert gases, effect on pressure ,etc?

inert gas are basically having fully filled orbital.so they are highly unreactive and there is small effect. i thinh you are asking equilibrium question. lee chatlers principle effect of...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago
hoe to name this compound plzz see the image below

3,3-dimethy 5-(1,1-diethyl) propyl decane

hemanshi one month ago

3,3-dimethy 5-(1,1-diethyl) propyl decane

Akash one month ago

The IUPAC name of the given compound is 3,3-Dimethyl-5-(2-ethyl)butylpropane

Adarsh 2 hours ago
H2 + I2 = 2HI (an elementary reaction)...If the volume of the container containing the gaseous mixture is increased to 2 times ,then final rate of reaction !- become 4 times 2 become ¼ th of...

rate law = k[H2][I2] when we increase the volume by 2 times the concentration becomes half. The rate of reaction becomes one fourth of the initial value. so, option (2) is correct....
  img
Ramreddy 6 months ago

H2 + I2 = 2HI As it is elementary reaction, so order=molecularity=2 rate(r1)=k[H2][I2] Now the volume is increased two times, so their concentration would be ½ of original value. so...
  img
Naveen Kumar 6 months ago
Do you think we all are non living? do you think we all are non living with complex structures as we all are made up of elements working in complex manner by chemical reaction...but we...

Hello Akansha, You have asked a very good question. All the living and non-living objects are made up of the fundamental particles atoms, molecules and sub atomic particles. In a living...
  img
Pankaj 2 months ago
View all Questions »