Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 420 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

how grignard reagent used to prepared ethane

4 years ago

Answers : (5)

ROH + CH3CH2MgBr = CH3CH3

any compound containing active hydrogen on treating with ethyl magnesium bromide gives ethane

4 years ago

Treat C2H5MgX with H2O or alcohol or any other H+ ion donor, in this way ethane would be formed

4 years ago

Grignard reagent + water------------>ethane + cl-Mg-OH
4 years ago

grignard reagent are very reactive, they abstract H atom from any source of proton and forms alkanes.

to prepare ethane u can take CH3CH2MgCl +  H2O or dil HCl ------> CH3CH3

4 years ago

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

An alloy of Au and Ag have Au at corners and Ag at face centres of a cube. Specify the formula of alloy.

At corners the proportion of each atoms is 1/8. and face centers the proprotion for each atom is = ½. therefore Au = (1/8)*8 = 1 and Ag = (1/2)*6 = 3 formulae: Au(Ag)3

Vikas TU 17 days ago
how do i memorise chemical reactions in inoerganic chemistry ???????

Proceed element wise, and write all their chemical reactions with other elements/commpounds and then try to memorize them. This would not lead U to get mixed up all.

Vikas TU one month ago
1g of Mg atoms absorbs 50kj of energy in the vapour phase find the composition of Mg+and Mg+2 formed as a result of absorption of energy if IE1and IE2 of Mg are740 and 1450kj Per mole

Mg –----------> Mg+ + e- I.E1 = 740 KJ/mol 1/24 moles 1/24 moles Mg+ -------------> Mg2+ + e- I.E2 =1450 KJ/mol 1/24 moles 1/24 moles and I.E for Mg would be I.E1 + I.E2 = 1450 + 740 = 2190 ...

Vikas TU one month ago
25 ml of solution of Ba(OH) 2 on titration with 1M – solution of hydrochloric acid gave a titre value of 3.5 ml the molarity of Ba(OH) 2 solution was

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit one month ago

@ debashis i think u can surely recall the formula that is M1V1/N1=M2V2/N2 so, by applying the value from the question we will get N1=1,V1=25, M2=1,V2=3.5,N2=2 the answer turns out to be...

Umakant biswal one month ago

@umakant. Your answer is right.But N being the weight/eq weight,Is it not N1=2 & N2=1 ? The mole ratio of acid to base is 2:1.

Anjitha one month ago
What is the difference between Tate of reaction and rate of disappearence of one reactant

@ satheesh what u need to understand is that , suppose you are doing a reaction . so, u must have some reactant initially , and after some period of time the reactant will going to form...

For expressing the rate of a reaction where stoichiometric coefficients of reactant or products are not equal to one,rate of disappearance of any of the reactants or the rate of appearance...

Anjitha one month ago
Give Faraday’s First and second laws of electrolysis?

First Law: It states that “The amount of substance liberated, deposited (or) dissolved at an electrode during the electrolysis of an electrolyte is directly proportional to the quantity of...

SAI SARDAR one month ago

@ karna Faraday's 1st Law of Electrolysis - "The mass of a substance altered at an electrode during electrolysis is directly proportional to the quantity of electricity transferred at that...

View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 420 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts