Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

Variation of total ionization energies of Al(n+) as a function of n from n=1 to n=8. Explain the discontinuity in your curve.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

The discontinuity in the curve would be present at Al+ , Al3+ , Al6+ (All these are stabilised states due to completely or half filled atomic subshells). Al3+ is the greatly stabilised due to noble gas configuration. A+ sue to half filled s subshell and Al6+ due to half filled p subshell.

Other than this thse discontinuities, the ionization enthalpies would increase with oxn state as effective nuclear chrge would increase. 

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Inorganic Chemistry

The pair of electron in the given carbanion CH 3 C​​​(TRIPLE BOND)C - , is present in which orbital ?

Carbanions .i.e C - has one anion that means it has two elctrons and three bonding pairs. And every bond pairs share two electrons. Hence in total or summing up it has 6 elctrons to share...

Vikas TU 10 hours ago
Justify the numbering of groups from 1 to 18 in the IUPAC long form periodic table.

numbering of groups from 1 to 18 in the IUPAC long form periodic table is done according to their atomic number and similar properties with similar valency. And each group has been named an ...

Vikas TU 10 hours ago
why sodiumaluminate is formed but NaFeO 2 is not formed?

sodiumaluminate formed because of aluminium is ampoteric nature and not soulibil in water so the reason formed

T.kumar 10 months ago

Moreover the formation of NaFeO2 and thus the loss of soda due to ... Nevertheless, the formation of sodium silicate is not appreciated because it is soluble in water, contaminates the...

raj 6 months ago

HELLO sai... naal02 is formed but Nafe02 not formed because of the both are in professional network. and the relationship between the beta and gamma polymorphs has not been described .. and ...

salvathshaik 6 months ago
WHAT IS ZERO ORDER REACTION.....................................?

DEAR GOWTHAM, THE REACTION IN WHICH RATE OF THE REACTION IS INDEPENDENT OF THE CONCENTRATION OF THE REACTING SUBSTANCES IS CALLED ZERO ORDER REACTION.

SAI SARDAR 3 days ago
What are antibiotics...............................................?

Antibiotics: Antibiotics are chemical substances produced by micro-organism (bacteria, fungi and mould) which prevent the growth or kill other micro-organisms.

SAI SARDAR 15 days ago

@ ram An antibiotic is given for the treatment of an infection caused by bacteria. Antibiotics target microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi and parasites. However, they are not effective...

Umakant biswal 14 days ago
Isn’t there any trick to learn various biomolecules?? If yes,then please exlain because very often I get confused.

@ mahak I am sorry , there are no such tricks to learn that , all things are easy i think . the reactions are well versed if u practiced that once . and the structure , if u can remember...

Umakant biswal 9 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts