ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Variation of total ionization energies of Al(n+) as a function of n from n=1 to n=8. Explain the discontinuity in your curve.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The discontinuity in the curve would be present at Al+ , Al3+ , Al6+ (All these are stabilised states due to completely or half filled atomic subshells). Al3+ is the greatly stabilised due to noble gas configuration. A+ sue to half filled s subshell and Al6+ due to half filled p subshell.

Other than this thse discontinuities, the ionization enthalpies would increase with oxn state as effective nuclear chrge would increase. 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
reaction of chlorine dioxide with ozone and sodium hydroxide

in my opinion answer is HClO 4 tell me if answer is right but i am not sure and i will inform u when i will get some more information approve if useful

ng29 14 days ago

HCLO 3 MIGHT BE THE ANSWER SORRY IF INCONVENIENT

akshat 14 days ago
What is the difference between didentate ligand and ambidentate ligand?

Bidentate ligand A bidentate ligand has two points at which it can attach to the central atom. One example of such a ligand is: oxalate ion The two single-bonded oxygen atoms can each donate...
  img
Raheema Javed 6 months ago

Didentate or Bidentate ligands are the logands which makes bonds with the metal ion in two places. It make two bonds with two different portion of its structure. Ambidentate ligands are the...
  img
Aziz Alam 7 months ago

a bidentate is one which combines from 2 different sites simultaneously....but ambidentae is one which can combine from 2 sites but at a time only one site can combine(ambidentate ar...
  img
Harishwar 7 months ago
Why Eu ropium shows a sudden increase in atomic radius. (At. Radius of Sm = 180pm , Eu = 199pm and Gd = 180 pm)?

Actually there is confusion in you.The atomic radius which I found was all the same for the three element as 180 pm. Lets see,there is a decrease in atomic radius There is a decrease in the...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago

@Sunil Kumar FP Go to this link and check Table 8.9 on pg.229 ncertbooks.prashanthellina.com/class_12.Chemistry.ChemistryI/8.pdf

Shibashis Mallik 7 months ago
structure of xylene?

Xylene,or dimethylbenzene is an aromatic hydrocarbon mixture consisting of a benzene ring with two methyl groups at various substituted positions.It has molecular formula of C8H10,also...
  img
Aarti Gupta one month ago

xylene is a compound in which there is a benzene ring and having two methyl gropus attached to it these are of three types ortho1,2 position meta1,3 position para1,4 position appprove if...

Gman Namg 12 days ago

i too have that doubt

britto george one month ago
Which one will be prefered as parent if cyclic compound and open chain compound has equal unsaturation and equal number of carbon?

open chain compound

nilima 13 days ago

cyclic compound

nilima 13 days ago
View all Questions »