ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Variation of total ionization energies of Al(n+) as a function of n from n=1 to n=8. Explain the discontinuity in your curve.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The discontinuity in the curve would be present at Al+ , Al3+ , Al6+ (All these are stabilised states due to completely or half filled atomic subshells). Al3+ is the greatly stabilised due to noble gas configuration. A+ sue to half filled s subshell and Al6+ due to half filled p subshell.

Other than this thse discontinuities, the ionization enthalpies would increase with oxn state as effective nuclear chrge would increase. 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
name an element that contains infinitely large number of atoms bonded together?

Carbon is an element that has tendency to form long chains.In these chains carbon combines with many other carbon atoms.This property of carbon is called the catenation and this is because...
  img
Aarti Gupta 6 months ago
Do non biodegradable waste can produce hydrogen

Non-biodegradable waste comprises those materilas that can not be broken down or decomposed and they remain in their original form for a long time.For examples-plastics,styrofoam,,chemical...
  img
Aarti Gupta 2 months ago
​Q . ARRANGE THE THE FOLLOWING IN DECREASING ORDER OF DIPOLE MOMENT- CH 3 Cl , CH 2 Cl 2 , CHCl 3 , CCl 4 CH 3 F , CH 3 Cl , CH 3 Br , CH 3 I o- chloro toluene , m- chloro toluene , p-...

INCREASING ORDER OF DIPOLE MOMENT:- 1- CCl4<CHCl3<CH2Cl2<CH3Cl 2= CH3I<CH3Br<CH3Cl<CH3F 3-p<m<o chlorotoluene(The bond angle increases the dipole moment decreases )...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 5 months ago
How do the vanderwaals constants a, b vary for different gases? The value of a is higher for ethane than that for ammonia?

Hello Student Vander Waals constant for attraction (a) and volume (b) are characteristic for a given gas. Some salient feature of a & b are: 1. For a given gas Vander Waal’s...
  img
Pankaj one month ago

How do they vary for different gases? Eg:Why the the value of a is greater for C2H6 than for NH3

Himaja one month ago
What are the products formed when 2-methoxy propane reacts with conc HI

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

The carbon-oxygen bond is ethers can be cleaved by heating with HI or HBr to form an alcohol and an alkyl halide at 373K.In case of unsymmetrical ethers which contains two different alyl...
  img
Aarti Gupta 3 months ago

In the presence of conc.HI I think (CH3)2CH-OH changes to (CH3)2CH-I. Also since a secondary carbon is present SN 1 mechanism may occur then the products are different(CH3OH and (CH3)2CH-I)....

Himaja 3 months ago
View all Questions »