ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Variation of total ionization energies of Al(n+) as a function of n from n=1 to n=8. Explain the discontinuity in your curve.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The discontinuity in the curve would be present at Al+ , Al3+ , Al6+ (All these are stabilised states due to completely or half filled atomic subshells). Al3+ is the greatly stabilised due to noble gas configuration. A+ sue to half filled s subshell and Al6+ due to half filled p subshell.

Other than this thse discontinuities, the ionization enthalpies would increase with oxn state as effective nuclear chrge would increase. 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
the strength of bonds formed by s-s, s-p,p-p overlap is in order of ?.

sorry mansi correct answer for this question will be p-p > s-p > s-s typing mistake in previous answer this is due to extent of overlapping in p-p effective overlapping takes place so bond...

ng29 yesterday

p-p > s-s > s-p this is due to extent of overlapping in p-p effective overlapping takes place so bond formed is highly stable approve if useful

ng29 2 days ago
the pair of elemets which forms a compound with maximum ionic character is: ​a) Na & C ​b)Cs and F c)Cs and I d)Na and Cl

B- Cs and F as clearly Cs is most electropositive element and F is most electronegative element and they form most ionic product

daksh 2 days ago

for max ionic character large size of cation and small size of anion so answer is CsF APPROVE IF USEFUL

ng29 2 days ago
The mixture of noble gases are separated by which method?

Except radon which is obtained from radioactive element radium all the other members of zero group can be isolated from air. Two different approaches are used for the isolation of noble...
  img
Raheema Javed 5 months ago

The mixture of noble gases can be separated by the fractionation of liquid air.Baesd on the difference in the melting poing and bioling point these can be separated.When liquid air is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 7 months ago
why cycloalkane are less stable than open chain alkane?

they are unstable due to angle strain refer to BAYER STRAIN THEORY for proper understanding approve if useful

ng29 19 days ago

approve if useful

ng29 19 days ago
what is the difference between amyl and active amyl

img
Harishwar 7 months ago
ppts on concentration cells

Hi, Do you want us to provide the ppts on concentration cells ? You can get various ppts on the same from the google search too. I would advise you to please read from the book too after...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 5 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 5 months ago

i want ppts on concentration cell and types of concencentrationcell with images

Krishna Moorthy 5 months ago
View all Questions »