ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Variation of total ionization energies of Al(n+) as a function of n from n=1 to n=8. Explain the discontinuity in your curve.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

The discontinuity in the curve would be present at Al+ , Al3+ , Al6+ (All these are stabilised states due to completely or half filled atomic subshells). Al3+ is the greatly stabilised due to noble gas configuration. A+ sue to half filled s subshell and Al6+ due to half filled p subshell.

Other than this thse discontinuities, the ionization enthalpies would increase with oxn state as effective nuclear chrge would increase. 

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
importance of p block

The p-block is one of the most exciting 'neighborhoods' on the periodic table. It is home to the biggest variety of elements and is the only block that contains all three types of...
  img
Avinash yesterday
what is oxidation state of S in S2O3. as there is electronegativity difference in both s shouldn’t it +6 and -2

Reason being the overall charge of the compound is -2 the oxidation state for Oxygen is -2 (Oxygen is just about always that way) so -2 x 3 = -6 but as i said before the overall charge of...
  img
Suraj Prasad 4 months ago

but sir this is the avg oxidation state of s ….... can you please tell me oxidation state of each sulphur acc to structure

pragya kaushik 4 months ago
between two books of inorganic chemistry written by j d lee,which book is best for preparation of iitjee?

J D Lee.....’s organic chemistry
  img
Saurabh Kumar one month ago

JD Lee ( one which is printed by wiley [maestro series] ) inorganic chemistry . But only refer to these after throughly completing NCERT . Hit approve if u got even a little help by my...

Drake one month ago
wha minformation we can grab from the valu of del G

Again also some part of my answer does n’t came while uloading it, the complete answer is: For ΔG>0 the reaction will be non-spontaneous For ΔG For ΔG=0 the reaction will be in equilibrium

Adarsh 20 days ago

Some part of my answer does n’t came while uloading it, the complete answer is below For ΔG>0 the reaction will be non-spontaneous For ΔG=0 the reaction will be in equilibrium For ΔG

Adarsh 20 days ago

For ΔG>0 the reaction will be non-spontaneous For ΔG For ΔG=0 the reaction will be in equilibrium

Adarsh 20 days ago
please see attachment first then read this remaining question if the second step is rate determining step then the order od rxⁿ wrt NO is

dear friend here the second step is the rate determining step or the slowest step. Here the slowest step is the second step.So the rate will depend on the concentration of 1 power of NO...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 9 months ago

Since here the cesond step is rate determing therefore thge proceed of the reaction will depend on the second step which is the slowest step. The order of the reaction will be-k[NOBr2][NO]...
  img

yes you are correct but i missed one step i told that rate =k[NOBr2][NO] But rate of formation of NOBr2=k1[NO][Br2] therefore,rate=kk1[NO]^2[Br2] Thus the rate with respect to NO will be 2...
  img
why carbon always form covalent bond?

The carbon atom needs to either gain or lose 4 electrons to complete its valence shell. But it is difficult for it to lose 4 electrons as it would require about 6200 joules of energy and...

Siddharth Majumdar 6 months ago

A carbon atom is tetravalent .it has 4valence electrons .it cannot gain electrons as it could lead to low stability as the nuclear charge cannot outweigh the net charge.because of similar...

Jacob james 5 months ago
View all Questions »