what are the imp and high weightage topics in INORGANIC CHEMISTRY for iitjee 2012???

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Ganesh,

All topics in Inorganic are important.

But once you learn Qualitative Analysis (Salt Analysis), it would be related to most of the other topics in Inorganic Chemistry.

So Qualitative Analysis is the topic with the highest weightage in Inorganic Chemistry.

Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Inorganic Chemistry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I in case of CF3I has a partial charge of +1 and in case of CH3I has a partial charge of -1. Why? I know it is related to electronegativity but please explain!

IN case of CF3I it dissociates as CF3- and I+ the charge on iodine is +1 whereas CH3I dissociates as CH3+ and I- the charge in case of I- is -1.see as the electronegativity of flourine is...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
Sir, How the bond length decreases as bond order increases?

Bond length is related to bond order, when more electrons participate in bond formation the bond will get shorter. Bond length is also inversely related to bond strength and the bond...

CHARISHMA one month ago
Plz explain me what are azide compounds???

Azideis theanionwith the formula N3−. It is theconjugate baseofhydrazoic acid(HN3). N3−is a linear anion that isisoelectronicwithCO2andN2O. Pervalence bond theory, azide can be...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP 3 months ago
Sir, what is the use of ∂ in the types of molicular obitals.

In chemistry, delta bonds (δ bonds) are covalent chemical bonds, where four lobes of one involved atomic orbital overlap four lobes of the other involved atomic orbital. This overlap...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago

“Four lobes of one involved atomic orbital overlap four lobes of the other involved atomic orbital” Can you explain this statement & what is internuclear axis?

Vineeth one month ago
why liquid boils when its vapour pressure equals external pressure.

A liquid boils at a temperature at which its vapor pressure is equal to the pressure of the gas above it. The lower the pressure of a gas above a liquid, the lower the temperature at which...
  img
Harishwar one month ago

At the boiling temperature the vapor inside a bubble has enough pressure to keep the bubble from collapsing. inside bubble the pressure vapour equals its vapour pressure. to prevent it from...

rohan one month ago
When 3 methyl heptane is treated with h2so4 for sulphonation, it is said to be racemised after the rxn. i dont understand how, earlier also it was an optically active compund and even now it...

You are absolutely write , the compound formed is also optically active but in sulphonation, there will be two types of product formed and those are called enantiomer. Here at the chiral...
  img
Naveen Kumar 17 days ago
View all Questions »