Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

7. A boy throws a table tennis ball of mass 20 g upwards with a velocity of u 0 = 10 m/s at an angle q 0 with

the vertical. The wind imparts a horizontal force of 0.08 N, so that the ball returns to the starting point.

Then, the angle q 0 must be such that, tan q 0 is

(A) 0.2 (B) 0.4 (C) 2.5 (D) 1.2

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Deepak

see the pic for the solution

All the best.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

5 years ago

for verticle motion

Uy = U0COS@   &   ay = -g

applying  VY = UY + ayt

Vy at topmost point is zero so

t= uy/g

tim of flight (T)= 2t=2Uy/g .........1

for horizontal motion

Sx = UxT + axT2

finally particle reaches to same point so displacement  is zero ..

0 = UxT + axT2/2    .........2

putting value of T in eq 2

Uy/Ux = g/a  .........3

max = force =0.08

ax = 4m/s2

now , UY/UX = Uocos@/Uosin@

option c is correct

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

What are the different types of pulse modulation? Mention the names.
The important characteristics of a pulse are – pulse amplitude,pulse position (denotes time of rise or fall of amplitude of the pulse) and pulse width or pulse duration. Thus the main types ...
Adarsh 2 months ago
modulation is a technique in which message signal is transmitted to the receiver with the help of carrier signal. Here in modulation , we combine both carrier signal and message signal....
naveen 2 months ago
What is coefficient of kinetic friction?? Please can you explain with an example??
Kinetic friction is the force experienced by the object ddue to sliding or relative motion b/w the two movable objects. And kinetic coeff. is thus a part of the pulling force which tends to ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
a plane mirror is moving with a velocity of 2i+3j+4k. if normal to the plane is along z axis, what is the velocity of image?
velocity of mirror = (velocity of object + velocity of image)/2 Or velocity of image = 2vm – vo = 2(2i + 3j + 4k) – (k) = 4i + 6j + 8k – k = 4i + 6j + 7k
Pranav Dabhade 26 days ago
velocity of mirror = (velocity of object + velocity of image)/2 Or velocity of image = 2vm – vo = 2(2i + 3j + 4k) – (k) = 4i + 6j + 8k – k = 4i + 6j + 7k
Vikas TU 26 days ago
Can the pendulum clocks be used in an artificial satellite?
@ honey no, not at all , a satelite is in a constant free fall motion . hence anything inside will feel the weightlessness . so, no g will act on the pendulum , so, we donot have any...
2017 years ago
Is at the minimum deviation, angle of deviation is equal to angle of prism??
No that’s not always true. The minimum deviation is given when angle of incidence and angle of refraction would be equal. And that is given as: S = 2i – A hENCE not same with prism angle.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
On which chapters i have to concentrate more than others for all subjects??
@ pallavi for physics , concentrate more on mechanics as far as jee syllabus is concerned , and as far as 12 th board syllabus is concerned , then focus with optics part of class 12 th ,...
Umakant biswal one month ago
hey dear visit thanks
SAHIL one month ago
how we will find te magnetic feild in a circular loop?
Dear Abishek, The magnetic field is determined in a circular loop is by right hand thumb rule and it is intersected at some points .
SAI SARDAR 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts