Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details
Get extra R 150 off

A train covers 60 miles between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. How fast was it going at 3 p.m.?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sachin,

The speed is traveled distance (60 miles) divided by traveled time (4pm – 2pm = 2hours):

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on General Physics

A body of mass 100g is moving with a velocity of 10m/s along the positive x-direction. At time t=0, when the body is at x=0, a constant force of 0.8N acting along the negative x-direction...
We get retardation here, a = – 0.8/0.1 = 8 m/s^2. final velocity at t=5s, v = 10i -8i * 5 = 10i – 40i = -30i Now at t=3 apply 2 nd law of eqn. and get the value of x.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Is SL arora really important(or the best book) for physics in 12th for cbse boards? Is there any alternative. Its very time consuming. If its important then what chapters shud i totally do...
@ tanisha Yes , its a time consuming book , but the main thing that u will get from this book is this book follow a proper shortcut path for derivation and it will make your concept...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
There is nothing far better book than only and only evergreen boo that is "NCERT PHYSICS” for cbse students. First u must know your ncert book. Read well practice well from it and proceed...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Ans this question,its urgent...give proper explanation,,by solving it A to Z
@ navya this is a typical simple ques from rain and umbrella problem with respect to man . i am solving that below rain has x comp v cos 30 and y comp v sin 30. when he runs at 4 km/hr,...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
how do i solve this question
Try to convert the entire network into simpler across branch AB. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
If the linear density of rod of length 3m varies as (lambda) = 2+x then the distance of centre of gravity of the rod is: (a) 7/3m (b)12/7m (c)10/7m (d)9/7m Pls provide with the complete...
Here it is given that Considering an element dx of the rod, its mass dm will be: If x cg denotes the centre of gravity of the rod, then: => Substituting the value of , we get: Solving the...
Raman Mishra one month ago
total mass = density * length that is dm = lamda * dx dm = (x+2)dx integrating both sides, we get, m = x^2/2 + 2x = l^2/2 + 2l put l = 3 meter. m = 9/2 + 6 = 21/2 m that is approx. 10.5 m
Vikas TU one month ago
difference between the concave and convex mirror image formation
A concave mirror is a spherical mirror in which the reflecting surface and the center of curvature fall on the same side of the mirror. In other words, if the mirror coating lies outside of ...
Harsh Patodia 29 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Kinematics & Rotational Motion
  • View Details

Get extra R 150 off

More Questions On General Physics

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts