Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: CART20

derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

4 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

4 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

if | z – 4 | + | z – [12/5] | = 10 represents an ellipse , then what is its eccentricity?

I am assuming that [12/5] is the greatest integer function, which will change the equation to |z-4| + |z-2| = 10 Now Interpreting this as an ellipse is simple, basically the equation can be...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 4 months ago
Is Dr. kc sinha good for coordinate geometry for preparing iit jee ? from your point of view which book you thought best for coordinate geometry?

His book is really good to build concepts. However, to practice more problems similar to what would be asked in IIT JEE, you need to take help from study material of reputed coachings like...

Nishant Sinha 7 months ago

in my view sl loney coordinate geometry is the best book for coordinate geometry as it covers all topic required for iitjjee and many previous year questions have come directly from this...

Himanshu 7 months ago

in my opinion you must try arihant intead of k.c.sinha... as it has proved to be one of the best books in market since many years

satyam 7 months ago
The distance between the lines represented by the equation x 2 +2root2 xy+2y 2 +4x+4root2 y+1 is:

let then which yields hence the two lines are as follows these are parallel lines When the lines are given by ax+by+c 1 =0 ax+by+c 2 =0 the distance between them can be expressed as so in...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 4 months ago
Three numbers are in G.P their sum is 7 and sum of their squares in 21 find the numbers

we know it was in g.p so,b^22=ac------eq(1) Given that a+b+c=7----(2) a^2+b^2+c^2=21=---(3) solve we get a=1 and a=4 b = 2 and b = 2 c = 4 and c = 1.

Gavvala Ganesh 3 months ago

b^2=ac-----(1) a+b+c=7----(2) a^2+b^2+c^2=21------(3) solve the three equations you will get a=1 & a=4 b=2 & b=2 c=4 & c=1

Shona 8 months ago
Hi, I am not able to solve the problem attached with the image.The Question is from ncert text book. Please provide me a hint.

Substitute tanx = t => sec 2 xdx =dt => dx=dt/(1+t 2 ) Then integrate by parts to get the answer. Please approve the answer..

Jayant Kishore 3 months ago
solve..

(sinA−sin 5A+sin 9A−sin 13A )÷(cos A−cos 5A−cos 9A+cos 13A). sinA+sin 9A-(sin 5A+sin 13A)÷cos A+cos 13A-(cos 5A+cos 9A). … ... =cot4A.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 9 months ago

Undoubtedly the value of A is (2n+1) π/4. SinA-Sin5A+Sin9A-Sin13A/CosA-Cos5A-Cos9A+cos13A=Cot4A (by applying transformations) 2Cos7A.Sin2A-2Cos7A.Sin6A/2Cos7A.Cos6A-2Cos7A.Cos2A=Cot4A (by...

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri 9 months ago

(sinA−sin 5A+sin 9A−sin 13A )÷(cos A−cos 5A−cos 9A+cos 13A). sinA+sin 9A-(sin 5A+sin 13A)÷cos A+cos 13A-(cos 5A+cos 9A)=cot4A.

SHANMUKESHWAR 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: CART20

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts