derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

2 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

2 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

2 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
find the angle between the two st lines 3x=4y+7 and 5y=12x+6 and also the equations to the two lines which pass through the point (4,5) and make equal angles with the two given lines

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below …...........(1) ............(2) Angle b/w two lines: Let the slope of the lines be ‘m’ which make equal angle...
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
The age of a man is four times that of his son. Five years ago, the man was nine times as old as his son at that time. The present age of the man is

Let the age of son be x. Hence, theage of father = 4x Age of son 5 years ago = x - 5 Age of father 5 years ago = 4x - 5 Its given that, 5 years ago the man was 9 times old as his son. ? 4x -...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago

Let the age of son be x. Hence, theage of father = 4x Age of son 5 years ago = x - 5 Age of father 5 years ago = 4x - 5 Its given that, 5 years ago the man was 9 times old as his son. ? 4x -...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago
is pair of straight lines and family of lines in the syllabus of jee advanced 2014

Yes you should get yourself prepared with both the topics.Vinti SinghaiB.E in Elec & comm(Honors), Gold Medalist in Mathematics

Vinti Singhai one year ago

yes...!

JAYAVARDHAN BAIRABATHINA one year ago
How is

Hi, This is a special case. (1+0)^(1/0) Here F(x) at x=a is 1, and and if {1+f(x)}^g(x) where f(x) is tending to zero and g(x) to infinity that the answer would be lim(x>a)e^[f(x).g(x)]....
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
question is …....f(x+y)=f(x)+f(y) is a odd function prove..... i added image of solution of this question .please help me to understand solution …..i cant understand the solution which give...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Solution which you attached is little bit complicated. So I am gonna do this by an easier method. By definition, Since f(0) = 0,...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 days ago

….…..then ….…....then sir i can not understand this step please explain again fully

milind 8 days ago

sir i can not understand this step please explain again fully

milind 8 days ago
my question is of quadratic equation . if x 2 +(a-b)x+(1-a-b)=0 where a, b belongs to real number then find the values of “a” which equation unequal real roots for all values of “b”?

Hi student Discriminant of above equation is – (a-b) 2 – 4(1-a-b) For unequal roots D>0 => a 2 + b 2 -2ab – 4 + 4a + 4b > 0 b 2 -2b(a -2) + a 2 -4 +4a > 0 now...
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 days ago
View all Questions »