DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

3 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

3 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
The three lines of a triangle are given by (x 2 -y 2 )(2x+3y-6)=0. If the points (-2,a) lies inside and (b,1) lies outside the triangle, then a€(1,10/3) ; b€(-3,5) a€(2,10/3) ; b€(-1,1)...

Your ans is also wrong its none of these

Aditya Sharma 2 months ago

Your ans is also wrong its none of these

Please explain me how you have done..

A(0,0), B(4012,0), C(4012,6018), D(0,6018) determine a rectangle which is union of 4012*6018 unit squares. Determine the number of these unit squares which have a non-empty intersection...

The equation of a line will be 3x=2y. First integer point it will touch will be (2,3). From (0,0) to (2,3) it will cut 4 boxes. You can draw and check. This process will be repeated 2006...

Akshay one month ago
Two sides rhombus ABCD are parallel to the lines y=x+2 and y=7x+3.if the diagonals of the rhombus intersect at the point(1,2)& the vertex A is on yhe y axis,find the possible coordinates of ...

The answer should be c=0,2.5 Assume A(0,c). Now opposite sides in rhombus are parallel and all sides are equal length. Or to check if a quardilateral is rhombus, it is sufficient to show...

Akshay 18 days ago

Alternative solutions will be to use vectors, Let A(0,c). Assume side length=d. AC will be = (1-0) i +(2-c) j, Line AD can be in 1 st or 2 nd quardent, Point B = (0 i + c j) + d/rt(2) * (i...

Akshay 18 days ago
Let f:R->R be such that |f(x)-f(y)| A.f(x) B.constant but not zero C.(f(x))^2 D.Zero

Your question seems to be incompelete. Please check it.
  img
Vijay Mukti one month ago
Blue circles r doubts

Dear Aakanksha, For such kind of problems to be done in a short time it is better to subsitute some value in place of x.If you substitute 0,in f(x) you get it to be 5/4 and g(5/4)=1. Hence...

erra akhil one month ago

by solving f(x) you will get it as constant functn whose value is 5/4 then u can easily find G(F(x))

Ajay Kotwal one month ago
∫1/sqrt[a^3-x^3]

resolve into (a-x)(a^2+x^2+ax) ,then use partial fractions.

sarim khan 6 months ago

resolve into (a-x)(a^2+x^2+ax) ,then use partial fractions.

sarim khan 6 months ago
View all Questions »