ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

3 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

3 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
[ r1 – r ]/a + [r2 – r]/b =?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 9 months ago
if the extremities of a diagonal of a square are (1,-2,3) and (2,-3,5) then the lenght of its side is ?

Length of the diagonal of square is √ ((1-2) 2 + (-2+3) 2 +(3-5) 2 ) = √6 We aslo know that length of square is √2 times the side. This implies √2a= √6 ( where...
  img
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
How does find the slope of a circle. Please give me an easy method which works all the time. Thanks

Dear student, We know that atany pointP having the coordinates (x,y)on the unit circle satisfies the relation Hence, we get that Now we can use the usual parameterization of the circle, i.e....
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago
( * ) 1 – (sin square y) / (1+cos y) + (1 + cos y) / ( sin y) – (sin y) /(1-cos y) =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below 1 – (sin square y) / (1+cos y) + (1 + cos y) / ( sin y) – (sin y) /(1-cos y) = cos 2 y / (1 + cosy ) + (1 + cos y) /...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
the position o the vectors A,B,C of a triangle are i-j-3k, 2i+j-2k and -5i+2j-6k respectively.the length of the bisector AD of the angle BAC where D is on the line segment BC,is 1-15/2 2-¼...

if this is not the answer then please post the solution .. but think this is a correct approach

abhidon3 5 months ago

see as AD is internal bisector o angle BAC , it ( that is the point D ) will divide BD and DC in the ratio of AB/AC i.e 1:3 . now using the division formula get the cordinate of D . and find...

abhidon3 5 months ago
what is a scalar vector

Scalars are quantities that are fully described by a magnitude (or numerical value) alone. Vectors are quantities that are fully described by both a magnitude and a direction. A related...
  img
Saurabh Singh one year ago

Scalar Quantities Most of the physical quantities encountered in physics are either scalar or vector quantities. A scalar quantity is defined as a quantity that has magnitude only. Typical...

Indu one year ago

which has only magnitude

raju one year ago
View all Questions »