Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

4 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

4 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

Let A and B be two distinct points on the parabola YY=4x. If the axis on the parabola touches a circle of radius r having AB as a diameter,then the slope of the line joining A and B can...

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit 15 days ago
What is required to check that a given equation of a circle neither touches nor intersects the coordinate axis. Say for example x^2+y^2-8x-12y+p=0 range of p such that above conditions are...

For neither touches nor intersect the axes the perpendicular distance from center of the circle should be greater than the radius.this is will give conditions and thus solve them

H AGGARWAL 6 months ago
H​ii,plz anyone can help me out.....How to find Orthocentere of any triangle......whats the formula for it.?

The point where the three altitudes of a triangle intersect.
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
If alpha is a real root of the equation ax 2 +bx+c and beta is a real root of equation -ax 2 +bx+c. Show that there exists a root gama of the equation (a/2)x 2 +bx+c which lies between...

Ajay 9 days ago

Small Mistake in last para posting again..............................................................................................................

Ajay 9 days ago

We have Similarly, So if P(x) = a/2 x 2 +bx +c, then and are off opposite sign and hence there must exist a root between the two numbers.

mycroft holmes 9 days ago
integration of (e/x ) x +(x/e) x

jagdish singh singh 8 months ago
the questions are attached! …............................................................................................i want the solution for both the questions.

Apply the simple formulae of cosine for two vectors given to find the angle b/w them and comapre with thw options. Cos@ = a.b/|a||b|

Vikas TU one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts