derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

2 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

2 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

2 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
All the points lying inside the triangle formed by the points (1,3), (5,6) amd (-1,2) satisfy: a)3x+2y_ 0 b) 2x+y+1_0 c) -2x+11_0 d)2x+3y-12_0

I think there is some problem with your question since the points lying inside a triangle constitute an enclosed area. So these pointscannot lie on a st. line.

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 2 days ago
if x^2+y^2+2x+1=0,then the value of x^31+y^35 ?

x^2 +2x+1 + y^2 can be written as (x+1)^2 + y^2= 0. Only possible when x = -1 & y= 0. So -1 is your answer. Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi askiitians faculty
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

x^2 +2x+1 + y^2 can be written as (x+1)^2 + y^2= 0. Only possible when x = -1 & y= 0. So -1 is your answer. Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi askiitians faculty
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago
If the vertices of triangles are placed at (1.8,2.4),(5,0) and (0,0), then where is the orthocentre located? The answer is given as (1.8,2.4) Please explain

Solution: As we know the.. orthocentre is the point of intersection of altitudes of the triangle... soo for right angle triangle.. orthocenter is the vertex itself on which right angle is...
  img
Ajay Verma 3 days ago
Let A be 3x3 matrix such that AA=I and |A|=I, find the value of |A-I|

HI AKASH, BY T I MEAN TRANSPOSE LIKE AT = TRANSPOSE OF A det (A-I) = det(A-I) . detAT because (det A = det AT = 1) = det(A.AT - AT) because (det AB = det A.detB) = det(I - AT)= - det (AT -I)...
  img
Sunil Kumar 6 months ago

Let A be 3x3 matrix such that AA=I and |A|=1 then do like this A^2=I => A^2-I=0 (A-I)(A+I)=0 |A-I||A+I|=0 then |A-I|=0 thanks and regards M.MURALIKRISHNA askIITIANS FACULTY
  img
MuraliKrishna Medavaram 6 months ago

|A-I|^2=|A|^2-2|A|+1=0 since |A|=1 Thanks and Regards, M.MURALIKRISHNA askIITians faculty
  img
MuraliKrishna Medavaram 5 months ago
Solve for x cosx + (3) 1/2 sinx = 2cos2x I would really appreciate if you reply soon.

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 3 days ago
A straight line makes an intercept on the y-axis twice as long as that on the x-axis and is at a unit distance from the origin. Determine its equation.

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 20 days ago
View all Questions »