Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

derivation (trick) for the point of intersection of a pair of straight lines with a curve (in 2 degree)

4 years ago

Answers : (3)

S = ax2+by2+2gx+2fy+2hxy+c = 0

Partially differentiate S w.r.t x and y respectively.

2ax + 2g + 2hy = 0

ax+hy+g = 0     ...............(i)

2by + 2f + 2hx = 0

by + hx + f = 0    ..............(ii)

Solve (i) and (ii) for x and y.

(x,y) is the point of intersection.

4 years ago

Any similar method (generic) for intersection of two curves/ a curve and a line?

4 years ago

This method isnt actually to find the intersection of two curves. This is used to find the centre of the curve. Incase of pair of straight lines, it is infact, the point of their intersection. In ellipse and hyperbola, u get the center.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Is it correct because one way it says m1/m2 is +ve and ax1+by1+c)/(ax2+by2+c) To negative

Dear Student, Correction is there, On solving the equation, we get – m1/m2. So negative sign is missing over there. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
What is required to check that a given equation of a circle neither touches nor intersects the coordinate axis. Say for example x^2+y^2-8x-12y+p=0 range of p such that above conditions are...

For neither touches nor intersect the axes the perpendicular distance from center of the circle should be greater than the radius.this is will give conditions and thus solve them

H AGGARWAL 3 months ago
A straight line x=y+2 touches the circle (x^2 + y^2) = r^2. The value of r is

Equation of circle :4(x 2 +y 2 )=r 2 centre of the circle = (0, 0) equation of tangent :x=y+2 [y=x-2].....(i) slope of the tangent = 1 slope of radius = -1 using one-point form :(y-y 1 ) =...

BALAJI SANKARAN 6 months ago

We have the equation of the circle as 4( x^2+y^2)=r^2 X^2+y^2=(r/2)^2 Now x=y+2 is a tangent to the circle.... Centre of the circle is (0,0) Tangent is always perpendicular to the radius... ...

Trina 6 months ago
Can anyone solve vector question asap and provide the solution

img
Nishant Vora 28 days ago

the answer fr your question is -5 that will come by solving the problem by the principles of dot product of vectors and cross product f vector

Prabhakar ch 28 days ago

DEAR,...... vectors are the simple and the logic concept, and it is so simple , i can solve the questions from this chapter.

mohan 28 days ago
How is arihant algebra for preparation of Jee advanced.

It’s good but not the necessary thing for JEE ADVANCE. you can go for the below written books. Mathematics NCERT class XI and class XII books (all students should start with these...
  img
Sourabh Singh 4 months ago

i have seen students use arihant publications for jee mains oftenly. the book is good with lucid explanation and has good numericals in it. but i would suggest that if u r seriously...

Amogh Dasture 4 months ago
If X= {4 n – 3n -- 1:n belongs to N} and Y= {9(n-1): n belongs to N}, where N is the set of Natural numbers, prove that X U Y = Y

OK. If set A is a subset of set B, then AUB=B. In this question, set Y={9(n-1)}. Y={0,9,18,27.....} In other words, Y is a set of elements that are divisible by 9. Set X={4 n -3n-1}. To...

Akshay 10 months ago

4 n =(3+1) n = nC0 + nC1*3 1 + nC2 * 3 2 + nC3 * 3 3 +........+ nCn * 3 n , Take nC0 and nC1*3 on left hand side, x=nC2 *9 + nC3*27...... + nCn *3 n , hence x is always divisible by 9, So...

Akshay 10 months ago

4 n =(3+1) n = nC0 + nC1*3 1 + nC2 * 3 2 + nC3 * 3 3 +........+ nCn * 3 n , Take nC0 and nC1*3 on left hand side, x=nC2 *9 + nC3*27...... + nCn *3 n , hence x is always divisible by 9, So...

Akshay 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: FC20

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts