Why jaundice cannot be detected by amniocentesis in developing foetus?

Why jaundice cannot be detected by amniocentesis in developing foetus?

Grade:12

6 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
Jaundice cannot be detected in a developing foetus by amniocentesis. It is a foetal sex determination test based on chromosomal pattern in the amniotic fluid surrounding the developing embryo. It is now legally ban in India.
thanks
post if still any doubt

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ himadri 
No , jaundice cannot be determined by that . actually what happens in amniocentesis is that the doctor will collect the amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac and then check its chromosomal analysis , and from that u can check if any kind of chromosomal abnormality will be their or not . or it also can be used for sex determination of unborn foetus . but that process is illegal and stopped by govt . 
AND that will not let tu check jaundice beacuse jaundice is not a chromosomal abnormality . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST ..
nath
122 Points
7 years ago
Jaundice cannot be detected in developing foetus by amniocentesis as it is a foetal sex determination based on chromosomal pattern in the amniotic fluid surrounding the developing embryo but this process is illegal and stopped by govt..
Adarsh
733 Points
7 years ago
Aminocentesis is used for finding the chromosomal abnormalities of the foetus and also it can be used for the sex determination of the foetus. But now its use for sex determination is banned in India.
Jaundice is not a chromosomal abnormality so it cannot be deteted by aminocentesis.

Hope you understand my answer.
Rugarongo Tudu
11 Points
7 years ago
Jaundice cannot be determined by amniocentisis as it not a chromosomal abnormality disease it can be used to detect diseases like downs syndrome ,klinfelters syndrome ,turners syndrome , haemophilia , sickle cell anemia etc
DIWAKAR PANDEY
168 Points
6 years ago
My friend jaundice is not a chromosomal abnormality disease therefore it cannot be tested by amniocentesis. Hope this will help you please approve my ans buddy.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free