Ques – Thoracic cage in Human is made up of:- (1) Ribs, vertebral column, diaphragm (2) Ribs,diaphragm (3) Vertebral column, diaphragm, sternum (4) Ribs, vertebral column, and sternum Can you please tell me which is the correct option I have a doubt in 3 rd and 4 th one.

Ques – Thoracic cage in Human is made up of:-
(1) Ribs, vertebral column, diaphragm 
(2) Ribs,diaphragm
(3) Vertebral column, diaphragm, sternum
(4) Ribs, vertebral column, and sternum
Can you please tell me which is the correct option I have a doubt in 3rd and 4th one.

Grade:12th pass

2 Answers

EKAMJOT KAUR
19 Points
5 years ago
I THINK IT SHOULD BE OPTION (4) RIBS,VERTEBRAL COLUMN AND STERNUM. 
The ribcage – also known as the thoracic cage or thoracic basket – is easily thought of as just a framework protecting our
lungs, heart and other major organs.

The cage comprises 24 ribs, joining in the back to the 12 vertebrae making up the middle of the spinal column. The cartilage portions of the ribs meet in the front at the long, flat threebone plate called the sternum (breastbone). Or rather, most of them do. Rib pairs one through seven are called ‘true ribs’ because they attach directly to the sternum. Rib pairs eight through ten attach indirectly through other cartilage structures, so they’re referred to as ‘false ribs’. The final two pairs – the ‘floating ribs’ – hang unattached to the sternum.

Apurva Sharma
220 Points
5 years ago
The thoraric cage does not include diaphragm as it is made up of muscle and fibrous tissue and the cage is made up of bones. Thus option 4 is correct. 

Hope it helps! Do give a thumbsup!👍

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free