Thank you for registering.

One of our academic counsellors will contact you within 1 working day.

Please check your email for login details.
MY CART (5)

Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Please do explain me table 5.3 of ncert regarding genes and chromosomes and whether it is true for all the conditions of gene and chromosome

Please do explain me table 5.3 of ncert regarding genes and chromosomes and whether it is true for all the conditions of gene and chromosome

Grade:12

3 Answers

Simran Vinaik
askIITians Faculty 1231 Points
3 years ago
The table depicts the similarity between chrmomosome and genes as genes are located on chromosomes. In table the A is for chromosome and B is for gene. In the table first two points are same for both gene and chromosome. Both occur in pair. It is the pairing and segregation of the pair of chromosomes that leads to segregation of the pair of factor.
Abhishek Rajput
15 Points
2 years ago
Answer is Column A -Gene and Chromosome both Coloumn B -Chromosome.
It is because the 3rd statement in coloumn A talks about independent pair.The word independent has to be used for genes only as Chromosomes are always independent but genes when shows Linkage aren't independent.So coloumn A holds good for both Gene and Chromosome but when it comes to coloumn B only Chromosome is possible.One gene need not be separated from other independently when they are linked on same chromosome.
Hope this is helpful.
ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
11 months ago
 statement in coloumn A talks about independent pair.The word independent has to be used for genes only as Chromosomes are always independent but genes when shows Linkage aren't independent.So coloumn A holds good for both Gene and Chromosome but when it comes to coloumn B only Chromosome is possible.One gene need not be separated from other independently when they are linked on same chromosome.rdIt is because the 3

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

Provide a better Answer & Earn Cool Goodies See our forum point policy

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free