Ncert pg 105 class12 -can you recall wat centrifugal force is and think why a molecule with higher massbor density would sediment faster

Ncert pg 105 class12 -can you recall wat centrifugal force is and think why a molecule with higher massbor density would sediment faster

Grade:12

7 Answers

Aabid Hussain
askIITians Faculty 576 Points
7 years ago
Hi Nihala,

Please mention your complete query and repost the question.

Thank you
Rhema Roy Mathew
21 Points
7 years ago
Centrifugation can be given by  mw2/r......it shows that m mass and r radius are directly proportional to the Centrifugation …..this shows that as size increases....the rate of Centrifugation also increases...and thus molecule with higher mass or density would sediment faster...hope u understand😊
Rhema Roy Mathew
21 Points
7 years ago
I'm extremely sorry...r is inversely proportional...w is directly proportional to centrifugation(w(angular momentum)....it was my mistake...sry...
Mayajyothi C J
126 Points
7 years ago
Centrifugal force is a force arising due to inertia of a body which appears to act on a body moving in a circular path and is directed away fro the center. Centrifugal force occurs as an opposite force to balance centripetal force(directed towards center).
Since Inertia is directly proportional to mass the heavier particle tend to sediment,this is the principle of centrifugation. Common examples of centrifgation: Formation of butter from curd, blood plasma from blood during blood test

Nameer
11 Points
6 years ago
The formula is F=mrw² where w is angulae velocity represented by omega....and not mw²/r😒..............................
shrikar jadhav
13 Points
2 years ago
if ecoli was allowed to grow for 80 minutes then what would be the proportions of light and hybrid densities dna molecule 
Srishti Chauhan
13 Points
2 years ago
It would generate 3Light and 5 Hybrid densities as in second generation i.e after 40 minutes , 2 Hybrid and 2 Light densities were obtained....so after 80 minutes due to semiconservativity of DNA replication proportion of 3:5 was obtained.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free