I need a note on use and scope of biometry . I am unable to understand about various uses and scoped of biometry. Sir/mam please explain.

I need a note on use and scope of biometry . I am unable to understand about various uses and scoped of biometry. Sir/mam please explain.

Grade:

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
6 years ago
Dear student

Biometrics refers to metrics related to human characteristics. Biometrics authentication (or realistic authentication) is used in computer science as a form of identification and access control. It is also used to identify individuals in groups that are under surveillance.
Seven factors to be used when assessing the suitability of any trait for use in biometric authentication.
Universality means that every person using a system should possess the trait.
Uniqueness means the trait should be sufficiently different for individuals in the relevant population such that they can be distinguished from one another.
Permanence relates to the manner in which a trait varies over time. More specifically, a trait with 'good' permanence will be reasonably invariant over time with respect to the specific matching algorithm.
Measurability (collect-ability) relates to the ease of acquisition or measurement of the trait. In addition, acquired data should be in a form that permits subsequent processing and extraction of the relevant feature sets.
Performance relates to the accuracy, speed, and robustness of technology used (see performance section for more details).
Acceptability relates to how well individuals in the relevant population accept the technology such that they are willing to have their biometric trait captured and assessed.
Circumvention relates to the ease with which a trait might be imitated using an artifact or substitute.

Regards
Arun (askIITians forum expert)

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free