Correct order of stages of muscle contraction is A Stimuli Neurotransmitter secretion → Release of calcium → Cross-bridges formation → Excitation of T-system → Sliding of actin filament B Stimuli Neurotransmitter secretion → Excitation of T-system → Release of C a 2 + → Cross-bridges formation → Sliding of actin filaments → H band diminishes C Stimuli Excitation of T-system → Neurotransmitter secretion → Crossbridges formation → Sliding of actin filaments → H band diminishes D Stimuli → Neurotransmitter secretion → Cross-bridges formation → Excitation of T-system → Sliding of actin filaments

Correct order of stages of muscle contraction is

A

Stimuli Neurotransmitter secretion  Release of calcium  Cross-bridges formation  Excitation of T-system  Sliding of actin filament

B

Stimuli Neurotransmitter secretion  Excitation of T-system  Release of Ca2+  Cross-bridges formation  Sliding of actin filaments  H band diminishes

C

Stimuli Excitation of T-system  Neurotransmitter secretion  Crossbridges formation  Sliding of actin filaments  H band diminishes

D

Stimuli  Neurotransmitter secretion  Cross-bridges formation  Excitation of T-system  Sliding of actin filaments

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
3 years ago
Active sites for myosin(Thick filament) are present on actin which are masked by troponin-C in resting state. when  Ca++ level increases it leads to the binding of calcium with a subunit of troponin i.e Troponin-C on actin(thin) filaments and thereby remove the masking of active sites for myosin.
Utilizing the energy from ATP hydrolysis, the myosin head now binds to the exposed active sites on actin to form a cross bridge. 
This pulls the attached actin filaments towards the center of ‘A’ band.
 The ‘Z’ line attached to these actins are also pulled inwards thereby causing a shortening of the sarcomere, i.e., contraction. Hence the ‘I’ band and 'H' band get reduced, whereas the ‘A’ bands retain the length.
So, Correct answer is 'Stimuli Neurotransmitter secretion →→ Excitation of T-system →→ Release of Ca 
 + →→ Cross-bridges formation →→ Sliding of actin filaments →→ H band diminishes'

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free