Polarization of Light via Prismatic Surface. Just had some basic ideas about the relation of intensity of light,critical angle and the angle of incidence. Can I have your view points please on the same? Any conclusions to make on the same? Please note,I didnt have the prism like this shown in image but had something like triangular thin prism where TIR(Total Internal Relfection can be observed and also relation with intensity of light can be noted. As we increase the base angle of prism, the angle of incidence and angle w.r.t to the critical angle varies and thus , light can be projected through the source and focused on a particular place.(Ie:-Polarization) Just require some view points of yours and what type of conclusions can be made via such sort of an experiment? Please respond as quick as possible .?

Polarization of Light via Prismatic Surface.
Just had some basic ideas about the relation of intensity of light,critical angle and the angle of incidence.
Can I have your view points please on the same?
Any conclusions to make on the same?
Please note,I didnt have the prism like this shown in image but had something like triangular thin prism where TIR(Total Internal Relfection can be observed and also relation with intensity of light can be noted.
As we increase the base angle of prism, the angle of incidence and angle w.r.t to the critical angle varies and thus , light can be projected through the source and focused on a particular place.(Ie:-Polarization)
Just require some view points of yours and what type of conclusions can be made via such sort of an experiment?
Please respond as quick as possible .?

Grade:11

1 Answers

Arun
25750 Points
5 years ago
Dear Mihir

there is no image attached . I can’t imagine the prism you have. Please post that image.
I will be happy to help you

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free