If both source and observer are moving in same circular path then Doppler effect apply or not.

If both source and observer are moving in same circular path then Doppler effect apply or not.

Grade:12th pass

4 Answers

Mayajyothi C J
126 Points
6 years ago
Yes, we can apply doppler effect in such a case.
The apparent change in frequency of sound produced by a source heard by the observer whenever there is a relative motion between source and listener is called doppler effect.

When both source and observer are in the same circular path, well imagine a circular stadium ground (r=500m) and an advertisement vehicle with loudspeaker is moving around the circular path, and you are also walking in the same circular path,
CASE 1
If both your’s and the vehicle’s speed is same then yo don’t feel any change in the frequency of the sound from the loudspeaker. Hence no doppler effect
CASE 2
If the vehicle is moving faster from you(overtaking you) then you feel as if the noise from the loudspeaker have decreased. Here you felt a decrease in frequency. So you can apply doppler effect
CASE 3 
You are walking and the vehicle is coming from behind you, as it comes closer don’t you feel as if the sound from the loudspeaker has increased?Here you felt the frequency increased. So you can apply doppler effect here.
CASE 4
You are staying in the middle of the circular path(at centre) and the vehicle is moving around you. Then you will not feel a change in frequency as the distance between you and vehicle is constant throughout and the sound reaches you with same frequency all around. Hence no doppler effect.

Hence whenever you feel there is a frequency change(change in the sound that reaches) between the source and listener there you can apply doppler effect of sound.
............................................................................................................................................................................
Hope it was helpful and sorry that the explanation was too lengthy, I’m new at this.Please ask doubt if any. And more questions are welcome. Please approve ^_^

Mayajyothi C J
126 Points
6 years ago
Why disapproved??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Mayajyothi C J
126 Points
6 years ago
If you didn’t get the concept then ok. But why did you disapprove it? I referred the Dinesh books to make sure that my explanation was right. And yes there was nothing wrong in it. Please do give me a reason as to why you disapproved do that I can’t do it again. You know, no one become small by helping others. You can disapprove both these and deduct 10 points from me. But that ain’t gonna stop me from answering more questions. 

Sincerely,
Jyothi 
Khimraj
3007 Points
6 years ago
It`s not a matter of points the and is we can not apply Doppler effect. But i wanted to know the reason behind it in detail. In and it is given as both source and observer velocity is not across same line.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free