IN A TRAVELLING WAVE ,BOTH THE KE AND PE ARE MAXIMUM AT THE MEAN POSITON .I UNDERSTAND THIS MATHEMATICALLY ,BUT HOW IT CAN BE INTERPRETED PHYSICALLY?????? AGAIN IN A STABNDING WAVE ,AT THE MEAN POSITON FOR A GIVEN PARTICLE, K.E IS MAXIMUM AND P.E IS MINIMUM. WHY IS THIS CHANGE AT MEAN POSITION OF THESE TWO WAVES REGARDING ENERGY??????? PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION. IAM NEED THE SOLUTION SOON AS I AM UNABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON FURTHER TOPICS

IN A TRAVELLING WAVE ,BOTH THE KE AND PE ARE MAXIMUM AT THE MEAN POSITON .I UNDERSTAND THIS MATHEMATICALLY ,BUT HOW IT CAN BE INTERPRETED PHYSICALLY??????

AGAIN IN A STABNDING WAVE ,AT THE MEAN POSITON FOR A GIVEN PARTICLE, K.E IS MAXIMUM AND P.E IS MINIMUM.

WHY IS THIS CHANGE AT MEAN POSITION OF THESE TWO WAVES REGARDING ENERGY???????
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION. IAM NEED THE SOLUTION SOON AS I AM UNABLE TO CONCENTRATE ON FURTHER TOPICS  

Grade:12th pass

1 Answers

Abhishek Kumar
askIITians Faculty 255 Points
9 years ago
In a travelling wave, KE is max. at the mean point and PE is max. at the amplitude. Both are not max. at the mean point, otherwise it will violate the conservation of energy.
In a standing wave, Energy between a loop remains conserved as the wave is standing and nodes don’t allow transfer of energy. This is different from the travelling wave, where energy travels.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free