Two forces of 60n and 80n acting at an angle of 60degree with each other pull an object. What single pull would replace the given forces. Pls explain how to calculate the direction properly. Is it true that we can get two angles w.r.t 2 diff vectors? I think thats where I am getting confused. Pls see this picture and tell me if I have made a mistake.

Two forces of 60n and 80n acting at an angle of 60degree with each other pull an object. What single pull would replace the given forces. Pls explain how to calculate the direction properly.
Is it true that we can get two angles w.r.t 2 diff vectors? I think thats where I am getting confused. Pls see this picture and tell me if I have made a mistake.

Grade:12

2 Answers

surya
40 Points
9 years ago
Yeah Listen Carefully Buddy................If Two Vectors Are Equal Then Only You Can Say That The Resultant Vector Makes Equal Angle With Both The Vectors But U Gave 1)60N and 2)80N So Angles Are Not Equal....For This Situation......R=sqrt[(a^2)+(b^2)+2ab(cosx)] where x is 60(angle between vectors............   

Sumit Majumdar IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty 137 Points
9 years ago
Dear student,
We can figure out what is the net force acting on the Object by the vector sum of the forces or by breaking them into different components. As the figure isnt visible to me , so I wont be able to put up the final answer, can you upload the picture again.
Regards
Sumit

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free