prove that internal bisectors of the angles of a triangle are conurrent. also find the position voctor of the point of concurrency.

prove that internal bisectors of the angles of a triangle are conurrent. also find the position voctor of the point of concurrency.

Grade:12

1 Answers

Aman Bansal
592 Points
12 years ago

Dear Prashant,

Let the vertices of the triangle by A(
We thus have
(BD/DC) = c/b
Thus, D is given by (the internal division formula):
In ΔABD, since BI is the angle bisector, we have
Thus, we now have the position vectors of A and D we know what ratio I divides AD in. I can now be easily determined using the internal division formula:
The symmetrical nature of this expression proves that the bisector of C will also pass through I. The angle bisectors will therefore be concurrent at I, called the incentre. The position vector of the incentre is given by (1).

Best Of Luck...!!!!

Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It’s not just all about getting assistance from IITians, alongside Target Achievement and Rewards play an important role. ASKIITIANS has it all for you, wherein you get assistance only from IITians for your preparation and win by answering queries in the discussion forums. Reward points 5 + 15 for all those who upload their pic and download the ASKIITIANS Toolbar, just a simple  to download the toolbar….

So start the brain storming…. become a leader with Elite Expert League ASKIITIANS

Thanks

Aman Bansal

Askiitian Expert

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free