Sir, inspite of the fact that my rank was 4441 in architecture I have not been allotted any seat in the first round. But according to last years cutoff I should have been allotted a seat. Also for b.tech my rank was considerably good and I should have got some branch in nit warangal, Bhopal, etc according to last year.... But there also I have not been allotted any seat... Why so? I even filled branches like biotechnology which I would have easily got in bit Mesra, or rourkela or warangal but did not get it.... Kindly reply soon..... Why so? Will I get something or should I apply elsewhere.....

Sir, inspite of the fact that my rank was 4441 in architecture I have not been allotted any seat in the first round. But according to last years cutoff I should have been allotted a seat. Also for b.tech my rank was considerably good and I should have got some branch in nit warangal, Bhopal, etc according to last year.... But there also I have not been allotted any seat... Why so?  I even filled branches like biotechnology which I would have easily got in bit Mesra, or rourkela  or warangal but did not get it.... Kindly reply soon..... Why so? Will I get something or should I apply elsewhere.....

Grade:upto college level

2 Answers

Sourabh Singh IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2104 Points
9 years ago
This year specifically the trend is such that a major upside turn has occured as a result of which you might not have got the seat in first counselling but don’t get disheartened . . Keep on applying you will definitely get some good college and wait for the next round of counselling . But as contigency plans you should apply in some other colleges.
Pranjal K
23 Points
9 years ago
sir, what do you mean by upside turn?

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free