nishant vora sir, i got 83 marks in jee mains. i expect 85-90% in cbse boards. Although i got rank in viteee good enough to get my desired branch (civil engineering) in vellore campus(similar case with srm). should i take vit or srm or take a drop?? Also i got 200 in bitsat.. PLEASE REPLY!!!!

nishant vora sir,
i got 83 marks in jee mains. i expect 85-90% in cbse boards.
Although i got rank in viteee good enough to get my desired branch (civil engineering) in vellore campus(similar case with srm).
should i take vit or srm or take a drop??
Also i got 200 in bitsat..
PLEASE REPLY!!!!

Grade:12

4 Answers

Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
Dear student,

Pls tell me what is your long term goal in life? your interests?
Also tell me how much you think will you improve if you take a year drop?

Based on this I would love to answer your question.

Thanks

ap
17 Points
8 years ago
As of long term goal , I wish to study further , either MS or Mtech. If I take a drop I will certainly improve . my marks in mains are very low, so it will be really tough to reach decent scores like 200+ and 300+ in bitsat. Do you think if it is possible crack decent colleges for MS, MTech after studying in vit or I should take drop ?
Nishant Vora IIT Patna
askIITians Faculty 2467 Points
8 years ago
Dear student,

If your plan is higher studies, i suggest you take a drop.
If you want to get MS or Mtech in any college, you need a very good profile in your btech. Also if you can make it to NIT or IIT, the brand name will play a very important role. Many colleges in abroad prefer candidates from IIT and reputed NITs only.
Many factors will play a role here...
1) Brand name
2) your profile, btech project
3) recommendation of professor from IIT/ NIT (if you can get good recommendation from your btech profs) every college would want to take you for MS or Mtech.
4) If you are doing good work, your prof may recommend you to his friend who is prof in some good uni abroad or in india.. ...or may ask you to join under him only.

This are only a few factors that i have status. There are various case where college have played a very important role.

But But But if you are taking a drop, you have to perform next year. There is no other option. because you will be investing one year, money and lot of hardwork. So take a drop only if you are confident that you can make it next year.

Hope I have made myself clear.
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Why don’t you vivit the official websites of these mentioned institutions and after that gather the requisite information and cleaar all of your doubts. If you wish me to recommend you something then you can try admission at –
Kamla Nehru Inst. Of Tech, Sultanpur [UP]
Lovely Professional University Phagwara
Heritage Inst of Technology, Kolkatta
JJTU, Rajasthan

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free