Hi......Sir or mam, I am studing in Kodaikannal in Tamil Nadu. I really need some help regarding my carreer. I am doing A Levels in Kodi. This syllabus is completeley different from Indian Syllabus like i am only doing 4 subjects Applied Maths, Applied Information and Communication Technology, Advanced Physics and English Lit. I want to kno wether i can join Engineering Colleges in India Like NIT, IIT,etc,.

Hi......Sir or mam,

I  am studing in Kodaikannal in Tamil Nadu. I really need some help regarding my carreer. I am doing A Levels in Kodi. This syllabus is completeley different from Indian Syllabus like i am only doing 4 subjects Applied Maths, Applied Information and Communication Technology, Advanced Physics and English Lit. I want to kno wether i can join Engineering Colleges in India Like NIT, IIT,etc,.

Grade:11

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Divian

ELIGIBILITY FOR JEE-2010
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for

appearing in JEE-2010:
1. Date of Birth
The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories (refer Section IV & V

for details) should be on or after October 1, 1985. Whereas the date of birth of those

belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1980.The date of

birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/Pre-University certificate will be

accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit

along with the application, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the 10+2 for the first time,after October 1, 2008 or in the

year 2009 or will be appearing in 2010.

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in

aggregate in their QE.Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at

least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.

Eligibility Criteria for AIEEE Exam:

For admission through AIEEE a candidate needs to pass in Class 12th. A candidate can only appear for AIEEE 2010 if he/she has passed/appearing class 12th in either 2008,2009 or 2010. Those who want to appear for BE/BTech entrance should compulsory have Physics and Mathematics in class 12th and atleast one of the subjects among Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Biology. Those appearing for architecture courses should have Mathematics in class 12th with atleast 50% marks aggregate. Besides a candidate’s date of birth should be on or after 1st October, 1985.

If you are eligible as above maintion criteria then you can apply for these exam.and get admission in IITs and NITs.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any

question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed

solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free