HI, I HAVE HEARD A LOT THAT THE ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT AND ELECTRONICS LAB (CALLED THE OYSTER LAB) OF BITS PILANI IS ONE OF THE BEST IN ASIA. IVE EVEN HEARD PEOPLE SAYING THAT IN BITS PEOPLE GET A LOT MORE FREEDOM THAN IN IITS AND THAT TURNS OUT TO BE POSITIVE IN YOUR LIFE. IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT THE ELECTRONICS AND COMP SCI DEPARTMENT OF BITS PILANI IS COMPARABLE TO THE SEVEN OLD IITS? PLS BE UNBIASED IN YOUR VIEW......

HI,

I HAVE HEARD A LOT THAT THE ELECTRONICS DEPARTMENT AND ELECTRONICS LAB (CALLED THE OYSTER LAB) OF BITS PILANI IS ONE OF THE BEST IN ASIA. IVE EVEN HEARD PEOPLE SAYING THAT IN BITS PEOPLE GET A LOT MORE FREEDOM THAN IN IITS AND THAT TURNS OUT TO BE POSITIVE IN YOUR LIFE.

IS IT REALLY TRUE THAT THE ELECTRONICS AND COMP SCI DEPARTMENT OF BITS PILANI IS COMPARABLE TO THE SEVEN OLD IITS? PLS BE UNBIASED IN YOUR VIEW......

Grade:12

3 Answers

Rajat Kaul
16 Points
10 years ago

Not many will leave even new IIT for Pilani if they get same branch. Their EC is reasonably good but CS is no match for old 8 IITs( in terms of reputation, placement, alumni, department etc)

Saiprasad Upadhye
10 Points
10 years ago

YES Srajan, what you have heard is right. BITS Pilani campus has excellect research facilities, especially CS is simply just too good. But thats only with the first BITS Pilani, not with the BITS Pilani Goa campus, because its still in development stage. And exposure is good and comparable with the IITs, you might have read recently about a girl from BITS who now is in MIT of inventing the new age gesture technonoly. People who pass out from Pilani get excellent universities, like Yale, MIT, UCLA etc. I don''t know of the freedom you are talikng about. Altogether, BITS Pilani is simply awesome and equivalent to the best IITs in India.

rishabh
18 Points
9 years ago
Should i prefer BITS EEE or BITS CS or BHU electronics or IITG ECE (only interested in electronics.. not so much in electricals) 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free