I got AIR 7648 in AIEEE and may join NIT suratkal. I've been told that after getting admission changing branch is a difficult task.Can u please tell me what it takes to get a CGPA of 9.5 above?? Also pls suggest what is the best thing to do in these 20 days I have as classes would begin from 23.Also pls give do's and donts for a 1st year student if possible.Thank You.

I got AIR 7648 in AIEEE and may join NIT suratkal. I've been told that after getting admission changing branch is a difficult task.Can u please tell me what it takes to get a CGPA of 9.5 above?? Also pls suggest what is the best thing to do in these 20 days I have as classes would begin from 23.Also pls give do's and donts for a 1st year student if possible.Thank You.

Grade:

3 Answers

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

whats your branch?

R Sheshan
4 Points
11 years ago

I am not yet admitted but I might get civil in suratkal after all sliding thing acording to previous years statastics

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

see sheshan joining an institute like good nits or iits and hoping for a branch change its very rare..9.5 cgpa is no doubt gettable but depends upon a lot of factors other than your studies 1.how will be the grading like if its common amogst all the first years than getting grades like a+ is far more tougher..2.is your subject teacher lenient in giving grades or not if it happens the other way then too its gone...next you will have not to be less than a in any subject which is very hard to maintain in the 1st year because you may take time to shift over from aieee mode to college mode...so probably think that whatever branch you get thru eee will be final ... also as far as civil is concerned the placements across all NITs and IITs have dipped heavily last year because of lot of PSUs backing out of campus recruitment and rather relying on gate scores...so i would tell you to join IT at allahabad then IT at surathkal if you have some interest which you will surely get by 5th round because both the places have almost same cse and IT both placements wise and curriculum wise but NIT A is slight better because of placements...

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free