I have a choice between NIT Surathkal, Warangal and Trichy and I want to take CS only (Passion reasons). want to pursue MS. PhD. in CS from Foreign universities. So which of the three NITs should I choose, so as to 1) Maximize my chances of getting in Ivy League institutions. 2) Participate in International and National level competitions in Programming (i mean CS related) 3) Enjoy Programming atmosphere 4) Placement should be ultimate. Is there any difference between the placements of NIT S/W/T ?? And I also saw NIT Trichy in ACM ICPC Rankings and IIIT Hyderabad besides IIT Delhi and Kanpur. Does that show anything ?? I dont have to go for 1) IAS, Civil Services 2) MBA stuff. Would prefer if someone pursuing CS in any of the IITs answers the question. Thank you !! IIIT H is a lot of money by the way !!

I have a choice between NIT Surathkal, Warangal and Trichy and I want to take CS only (Passion reasons).
want to pursue MS. PhD. in CS from Foreign universities.
So which of the three NITs should I choose, so as to
1) Maximize my chances of getting in Ivy League institutions.
2) Participate in International and National level competitions in Programming (i mean CS related)
3) Enjoy Programming atmosphere
4) Placement should be ultimate. Is there any difference between the placements of NIT S/W/T ??

And I also saw NIT Trichy in ACM ICPC Rankings and IIIT Hyderabad besides IIT Delhi and Kanpur. Does that show anything ??
I dont have to go for
1) IAS, Civil Services
2) MBA stuff.

Would prefer if someone pursuing CS in any of the IITs answers the question.
Thank you !!
IIIT H is a lot of money by the way !!

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

kavish Dwivedi
94 Points
11 years ago

if you really want to be a GOD programmer i would suggest you to go for iiit-h because nothing compares it in that field ...next comes nits i would suggest you to join nit allahabad,nit warangal,nit trichy,nit surathkal in order of the quality of cse and programming...see nit t,w are very good when it comes to campus structure,branches like tronix electrical chemical and civil...but when it comes to cse/it nit allahabad leads the lot .... be it the amount of hardcore programmers ( one of them bagged a 1.33 crore job at fb ) or the classes taken by the group of best final year coders from the first year itself (which is only related to hardcore online coding ) ... nit warangal and nit trichy have a culture of studies related to college courses more which includes parallel computing ,database systems, network administration and all(if you want to be research oriented these two are better)... but the number of coders participating in olnline events is less than that of nit a.... for more info go to websites ... www.spoj.pl & www.codechef.com ....these are the two most famous coding websites.....and as far as ivy league is concerned they consider top 5 nits as equal.... hope you get something out of this

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free