hello!! I am presently studying in MAIT Delhi (EEE branch 1st year). I want to upgrade my branch so that i can pursue CAT coaching easily.My main aim is to crack CAT exam. So, I am thinking to upgrade my branch to CSE. But getting CSE is tough so is it worth going for IT stream or any other stream as if by mistake am not able to clear CAT(by chance) can get a good placement by the college.. So suggest a branch that helps me dedicate myself towards CAT preparation. My parents feel that IT is not going to have a good future. plzz help!!

hello!!

I am presently studying in MAIT Delhi (EEE branch 1st year).
I want to upgrade my branch so that i can pursue CAT coaching easily.My main aim is to crack CAT exam. So, I am thinking to upgrade my branch to CSE. But getting CSE is tough so is it worth going for IT stream or any other stream as if by mistake am not able to clear CAT(by chance) can get a good placement by the college..

So suggest a branch that helps me dedicate myself towards CAT preparation.
My parents feel that IT is not going to have a good future.

plzz help!!

Grade:12th Pass

4 Answers

Ashwin Muralidharan IIT Madras
290 Points
12 years ago

Hi Vyom.

Without IT there's nothing in this world. And IT definitely has future.

But there are lots of students who are graduated as IT Professionals. So you need to be really good at IT if you're looking at a fututre in Computers and IT.

Considering CAT, the branch is immaterial. CAT can be cracked with any branch.

Best Regards,

Ashwin (IIT Madras).

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear vyom gg,

Every branch has its own name and fame !!!

It is you who have to decide for which branch you are most suitable to !!!

I suggest you to go for IT if your main aim is cracking the CAT because I sincerely belive that the IT stream is going to have a smooth sail atleast till 2020 so it is always worth it to go for it !!

Hope this helped you immensely..

All the Very Best & Good Luck to you ..

Regards,

AskIITians Expert,

Godfrey Classic Prince

IIT-M

Please approve my answer if you liked it by clicking on "Yes" given below...!!!Smile

pearl sharma
43 Points
12 years ago

go fot the IT.

Mainak Chakraborty
34 Points
12 years ago

If you are really focused to crack CAT then, u can go to IT, but should you aim to continue engg., I suggest, u should not change ur branch.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free