Sir, We are from Andhra Pradesh, (Vizag) My son got CSE at ISM Dhanbad and he scored 307 in BITSAT and expecting CSE at BITS Hyd'bad compared to last year cut off. Kindly adivse us which is more preferrable and comparison of these two institutions. He is interested in BITS HYD.

Sir, We are from Andhra Pradesh, (Vizag) My son got CSE at ISM Dhanbad and he scored 307 in BITSAT and expecting CSE at BITS Hyd'bad compared to last year cut off. Kindly adivse us which is more preferrable and comparison of these two institutions. He is interested in BITS HYD.

Grade:

2 Answers

Sukhendra Reddy Rompally B.Tech Mining Machinery Engg, ISM Dhanbad
93 Points
12 years ago

Hello,

I am from Andhra Pradesh too studying in ISM Dhanbad....the best courses to do at ISM Dhanbad would be Petroleum, Mining, Mining machinery and other earth science courses. By saying so, I dont mean to say that the rest are not good. Its an IIT afterall, and every branch has got its own value.Its prettyy obvious that he is interested in BITS,...what's his rank?If he can scalp through petrolem or mining in the second allotment, then He should choose it blindly...Now again, it also depends on his career interest..Does he want to go abroad for higher studies? Then BITS would be a better path,..but if he's looking for better placements, then I would suggest him ISM Dhanbad,..and very soon the name's gonna be IIT DHANBAD, if it is the name that bothers you :)For more quesrries, feel free to mail me on sukhendra.wizkid@gmail.com or call me on +60102172842

THANKS  and ALL THE BEST

PLZZZZ APPROVE MY ANSWER IF YOU LIKE IT :)

Mir Noaman Ali IIT-Roorkee
57 Points
12 years ago

Dear Student,

ISM Dhanbad if for earth science courses like petroleum,mineral and minning other courses there are not world class,comparitively BITS Hyderabad has very good faculty for CSE and offers good exposure to the students,i have personally been to Bits Hyd and the campus is breath-taking,i would recommend you to go for BITS without a second thought and ignore further rounds of jee counselling as the fees paid is non refundable.

Regards

Askiitians Experts 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free