sir i have got 6680 AIR(gen) in jee 2011 and 294 in bitsat. Is there any chance of getting iit. i can for btch 4yrs, dual degree,mtech integrated. Or should i go for bits. plz help me out. thanx

sir
i have got 6680 AIR(gen) in jee 2011 and 294 in bitsat.
Is there any chance of getting iit.
i can for btch 4yrs, dual degree,mtech integrated.
Or should i go for bits.

plz help me out.

thanx

Grade:12th Pass

3 Answers

Godfrey Classic Prince
633 Points
12 years ago

Dear Abhishek Soni,

Your BISAT score is far much better than your JEE score & i believe for sure that you can get Core branches in BITS-Pilani !!

But in JEE you can only hope for New IIT's & there is little or no hope for Old IIT's !!

I really beleive as an analyst that you should go for the core branches at BITS-Pilani rather than settling for core branches in New IIT's !!

This is because you see that BITS-Pilani ranks with the Old IIT's in the list of Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India !

Have a look at this list of Top 10 Engineering Colleges in India & you will understand it

Top Engineering Colleges in India

RANK

Name of Institute

Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur

Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kharagpur

Indian Institute of Technology IIT Bombay

Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras

Indian Institute of Technology IIT Delhi

BITS Pilani

IIT Roorkee

IT-BHU

IIT-Guwahati

College of Engg , Anna University, Guindy

Hope this helped you immensely !!

If you loved the answer then please do not forget to approve it by clicking on "Yes" below..!!

VIPUL GUPTA
52 Points
12 years ago

@Godfrey Askiitians-Expert

dont get me wrong but rankings you are suggesting are preety much fraud and depend upon public relations of a insti rather than its actual performance and standards. no way BITS-PILANI comes ahead of IIT ROORKEE and same goes for comparison b/w IIT BHU and IITG. these ranking really decieve people many a times and they end up getting much less than they deserve for their respective rank.

@Abhishek soni...i suggest you go for either IITG chem and civil...or some integrated course in IITR..make sure integrated course is from core branch...then only go for BITS chem and civil(sorry to say but you wont get any better than that in bits)

best of luck and make sure you make proper use of your g8 scores.

Abhishek soni
14 Points
12 years ago

thanx sir.

well i wont get ny branch in bits pilani, i m trying for bits hyd. Even there i m thinking of taking Dual Degree in msc eco.

this is bcoz i intrested only in mech.

sir what do u say abt mining n metallurgy at ism n bhu.

will bits be better than that.

thanx sir

abhishek

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free