Sir, I got chemical in Bit-Pilani in the second round of seat allotment.Can you tell me about its prospects and is it better than electrical in NIT-Durgapur. How are the placements in chemical in Bits-Pilani.(Urgent).

Sir, I got chemical in Bit-Pilani in the second round of seat allotment.Can you tell me about its prospects and is it better than electrical in NIT-Durgapur.
How are the placements in chemical in Bits-Pilani.(Urgent).

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Chemical engineering from BITS Pilani is much better than NIT Durgapur. BITS Pilani is very good institute with excellent infrastructure and faculty and a good placement record.

As far as prospects fr chemical engineering is concerned then, there is tremendous scope in India. Jobs for chemical engineering graduates will be available in mineral-based industries, petrochemical plants, synthetic fibre units and even in petroleum refining plants. You can find employment opportunities with chemical industries, refineries, manufacturers of acids, medicines, varnishes, paints, fertilisers, etc.

Public sector organisations and private companies dealing in pharmaceuticals, synthetic fibres, textiles, plastics, explosives, etc. also recruit chemical engineers.

You can even join research organisations and laboratories as technical experts on engineering projects.

Chemical engineers are required in defence establishments and atomic power plants. They can work as consultants as well.

For B.Tech students, Salary will be propotional to his ability & talent. There will be no much differences in the salary range for students in top level institutions like IITs, BITS & NITs.
But I am here provide you average salary range in these institutions for the last 5 years.
All IITs - Rs 525000/year OR 43750/month
BITs - Rs 475000/year OR 39500/month
NIT Trichy - Rs 400000/year OR 33000/month

Engineers get paid depending on their specialty and their skills, but even the lowest paid are above the median anywhere. Civil, industrial and manufacturing engineers are typically paid lowest, starting out, right out of college, in the US, at maybe $45,000/year. Chemical engineers right out of college will make $57-$60,000 or more. On average, an engineer will make about twice the starting salary when he retires (correcting for inflation, of course). Mechanical Engineers start at salaries about $5000/yr less, on average, than Chemical Engineers. Chem Es have been the highest paid for most of the last 50 years or more.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free