dear sir, can u please help me in regard to engineering stream.according to the last year,s cut-off i am geting mechanicl and civil in HBTI,kanpur.i have an inclination towards the IES exam so can u please tell me which branch will b betr 4 me.olso if i go 4 management after graduation den which will b d betr 1. thanking you 4 ur great help.

dear sir,

can u please help me in regard to engineering stream.according to the last year,s cut-off i am geting mechanicl and civil in HBTI,kanpur.i have an inclination towards the IES exam so can u please tell me which branch will b betr 4 me.olso if i go 4 management after graduation den which will b d betr 1.

thanking you 4 ur great help.

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Both the branches wud give u an equal oppurtunity in IES xam and wat u need to decide is ur interst, If u like mechanical engg more than civil then u should opt fr that . But otherwise, both the branches have gt fine scope,although Civil is believed to have a boom fr the nxt few decades. On the other hand mechanical is an evergreen department with a large spectrum of application.

Scope of civil engineering in India and abroad: Opportunities exist in the public and private sectors in large numbers in all branches of design, construction and maintenance, infrastructure development in both India and abroad. Right now constructions industry is booming as there is growth in infrastructure requirement throughout the country. This is going to stay for next few decades. Scope of civil engineers lies with many developing countries in middle east, Africa, Asia where infrastructure development is picking up and Indian engineers are in great demand

Engineering Services Examination is a combined competitive examination held by the Union Public Service Commission at 39 centers in the month of June of every year. The notification for this examination is published in English dailies and Employment News in the month of January.

Recruitment on the results of this examination is made to the services/posts under the following categories: -

• Civil Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free