sir MY bitsat score is 341 im likely to get EEE\EnI @ pilani ive got IIIT hyd ECE i would like to know which is betr Im considering IIIT becoz i would be interested in reasearch thanks in advance

sir

MY bitsat score is 341

im likely to get EEE\EnI @ pilani

ive got IIIT hyd ECE

i would like to know which is betr

Im considering IIIT becoz i would be interested in reasearch

thanks in advance

Grade:12

1 Answers

ulfar risker
8 Points
14 years ago

If you are really interested in research, then you can take up ECE at IIIT-Hyderabad. In your 3rd year depending on your performance and your liking for research (and other factors like your adviser etc) you can convert to the MS by research program. (typically IIIT offers some selected 3rd year Btechs an option to convert to MS by research with tuition waver and some minimal stipend). But be advised that MS is typically not time bound and depends more on your research problem and your adviser.

Well BITS Pilani is also a great option for EEE but then their focus is not research. I am not really sure if their MSc programs focus that much on research.

You can alternatively do your bachelors from BITS and apply at IISC (in case you wish to stay in India) for MSc (which typically takes 3 years, but is one of the best research program in India for electrical science)

Just make sure that you do your Btech Honors and/or MS thesis under a famous guy, which should help you in getting a good Phd admit or a research position in research labs.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free