I am B.tech in electronivcs and communication(2008) from Punjab Technical university. have worked in telecom sector for two years but due to my strong inclinations towards astronomy/cosmology, i would like to make my career in this field. could you please guide me about the good masters options for Msc./Masterz in india in the related field. Thanks Shraddha

I am B.tech in electronivcs and communication(2008) from Punjab Technical university. have worked in telecom sector for two years but due to my strong inclinations towards astronomy/cosmology, i would like to make my career in this field.

could you please guide me about the good masters options for Msc./Masterz in india in the related field.

Thanks

Shraddha

Grade:

2 Answers

SAGAR SINGH - IIT DELHI
878 Points
13 years ago

Dear student,

There are several institutes in India which offer you to pursue a career in astronomy. Below is the list of institutes. You may visit these websites for more information.
Indian Institute of Astrophysics, (Bangalore)
Indian Institute of Science, (Bangalore)
Raman Research Institute, (Bangalore)
Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, (Pune)
National Centre for Radio Astronomy

Most of these institutes offer opportunities to the aspiring candidates based on a joint entrance test followed by an interview.The minimum qualification required for appearing for the entrance exam is a
Master's degree in Physics. Some of these institutes accomodate engineering graduates as well.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

shraddha dogra
4 Points
13 years ago

Thanks for you prompt response. The institures you listed require JEST i believe.

--Could you please advice me on how to prepare for JEST.

--Also some good books to revise mathematical skills of standard 11/12 and B.tech required for further study in the field of astronomy.

--Also i read in one of the previous posts which said that there is a course of Msc astronomy in patiala university. but it no longer there, though its listed on the website.

Thanks in advance.

Shraddha

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free