I got a score of 325 in BITSAT and state rank 148(OBC 35) in AIEEE(Tamil Nadu).....I think I may get mech in BITS Pilani....Is it worth more than any other course in NIT Trichy in terms of future prospects(placements)? Which one should I choose:BITS or NIT Trichy?

I got a score of 325 in BITSAT and state rank 148(OBC 35) in AIEEE(Tamil Nadu).....I think I may get mech in BITS Pilani....Is it worth more than any other course in NIT Trichy in terms of future prospects(placements)?

Which one should I choose:BITS or NIT Trichy?

Grade:Upto college level

4 Answers

askiitian Expert
8 Points
14 years ago

Dear Raju,

After IITs nothing is better than BITS Pilani (also beter than few IITs ). Trichy and warangal are in a gap of 4 -5 colleges with BITS. dont get confused just go to BITS.

Thank you.

Nivedita Pandey
8 Points
14 years ago

Choose NIT Trichy.. Its much better than BITS Pilani. NIT Trichy consistently produces bright students and has one of the best alumni base.. Ranked 6th after the top 5 IITs.. 3rd as per the no of selections in IIMs. Recomendations from NIT Trichy prof matters a lot for higher studies. Placements comparable to the best in India.. Avg salary 7.3lpa. Prefer NIT Trichy over any course in BITs. 

Aviral Utkarsh
8 Points
14 years ago

BITS Pilani is internationally recognised by washington accord and not NITs.No. of full admits from Pilani campus to MS in US univ with full aids is more than 50 . There are many guys in BITS who have left NIT Trichy CS and EEE after one year there and are more than satisfied here .

check this link out and decide about average package of NIT Trichy

http://www.nitt.edu/home/students/facilitiesnservices/tp/

Aviral Utkarsh
8 Points
14 years ago

BITS Pilani is any day better than NIT Trichy.

Washington accord recognises only BITS nd IIT degree.

Average package was 3.13 lakhs (cost to company ) in 2006-07 and after that this year recession has hit so you can yourself guess that it cant be anywhere close to 7 lakhs.

BITS no.of students going for MS is above 50 on full aid from Pilani campus in 2008.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free