My JEE rank is 4392. I was interested in Mechanical or Civil at any of the new IITs or IT BHU. Do you think I have a chnace to get it? I am not interested in ISMU Dhanbad. MY AIEEE AIR is 1306 and SR 32 (Gujarat). Based on previous year CUTOFFs I am likely to Get NIT Trichy, NIT Warangal and I can get Mechanical as well as Comp Science at both the places. Which branch and location I shall select? Thanking you in advance for your valuable inputs. Meet Shah

My JEE rank is 4392. I was interested in Mechanical or Civil at any of the new IITs or IT BHU. Do you think I have a chnace to get it? I am not interested in ISMU Dhanbad.

MY AIEEE AIR is 1306 and SR 32 (Gujarat). Based on previous year CUTOFFs I am likely to Get NIT Trichy, NIT Warangal and I can get Mechanical as well as Comp Science at both the places. Which branch and location I shall select?

Thanking you in advance for your valuable inputs.

Meet Shah  

Grade:Upto college level

1 Answers

ashish kumar
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Meet,

Happy to know that you took the right decision of going to the NITs rather than IT-BHU or ISM Dhanbad. Your rank is quite far away to fetch you mech at BHU and opting for civil there is not a good option.

Regarding the comparision of the two NITs both are equally good and are far above than IT-BHU in national ranking of the top engineering college in India. You could choose any of the colleges based on the topography and climate which suits you. And regarding the branch if you have dont enough knowledge for computer than please dont opt for it , just interest is not going to work out as this department needs a lot of time.

Hope you take the right decision.

Thank you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free