I have this doubt : Why is pressure inside an aeroplane so less than the ground atmospheric pressure? I have heard that some kids even have there ear popped off. Although the atmospheric air pressure is low, as the no: of mols of air inside the volume of the plane is constant (The chamber is sealed), and the temperature is maintained, pressure inside the plane is supposed to also remain constant. But the pressure really decreases, as even if you have tried keeping a plastic bottle airtight while you are onboard, when you land on the airport, the bottle would be crushed. This is because the pressure inside the bottle is same, but outside had increased. How can this happen, when the plane is also airtight? How can the pressure inside an aeroplane drop when you are at an altitude, and rise when you are back on the terrain. Please explain my mistake. I have assumed ideal conditions.

I have this doubt :

Why is pressure inside an aeroplane so less than the ground atmospheric pressure? I have heard that some kids even have there ear popped off. Although the atmospheric air pressure is low, as the no: of mols of air inside the volume of the plane is constant (The chamber is sealed), and the temperature is maintained, pressure inside the plane is supposed to also remain constant. But the pressure really decreases, as even if you have tried keeping a plastic bottle airtight while you are onboard, when you land on the airport, the bottle would be crushed. This is because the pressure inside the bottle is same, but outside had increased. How can this happen, when the plane is also airtight? How can the pressure inside an aeroplane drop when you are at an altitude, and rise when you are back on the terrain.

Please explain my mistake. I have assumed ideal conditions.

Grade:11

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free