Hey! I was reading through phase changes. Can anyone tell me this. Why doesn’t an non-ideal gas not change into a liquid if it is above its critical temperature even under a huge amount of pressure? My doubt is when pressure is applied molecules still come close, then why doesnt it liquefy? Even the core of the earth has a temp. of 6000 degree celsius, which is much higher than the critical temp. of iron(771 degree celsius). Then why is it solid? I’m not sure if my question is 100% correct. Please help.

Hey! I was reading through phase changes. Can anyone tell me this. Why doesn’t an non-ideal gas not change into a liquid if it is above its critical temperature even under a huge amount of pressure? My doubt is when pressure is applied molecules still come close, then why doesnt it liquefy? Even the core of the earth has a temp. of 6000 degree celsius, which is much higher than the critical temp. of iron(771 degree celsius). Then why is it solid? I’m not sure if my question is 100% correct. Please help.

Grade:9

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free