A plastic bottle containing a liter of water at 20˚C is placed inside a freezer, whose temperature is maintained at -18˚C. The plastic bottle limits the transfer of energy to a mean value of 800 joule per minute for two hours and has negligible specific heat capacity. For water, the specific heat capacity is 4200 J kg^-1 K^-1 and specific latent heat of fusion 3.3x10^4 J Kg^-1. what is the temperature of water at the end of the two hours? A. 0˚CB. -0.36˚CC. -3.0˚CD. -18˚C I couldn't do this question. It's multiple choice question and whatever I do, my answer is completely outside the 4 choices. Can anyone help? If possible, explain it as you would to a 5-year old, please.

A plastic bottle containing a liter of water at 20˚C is placed inside a freezer, whose temperature is maintained at -18˚C.

The plastic bottle limits the transfer of energy to a mean value of 800 joule per minute for two hours and has negligible specific heat capacity.

For water, the specific heat capacity is 4200 J kg^-1 K^-1 and specific latent heat of fusion 3.3x10^4 J Kg^-1.

what is the temperature of water at the end of the two hours?

A. 0˚CB. -0.36˚CC. -3.0˚CD. -18˚C

I couldn't do this question. It's multiple choice question and whatever I do, my answer is completely outside the 4 choices. Can anyone help? If possible, explain it as you would to a 5-year old, please.

Grade:12th pass

0 Answers

No Answer Yet!

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free