A uniform cylinder of mass M, radius R is placed on a frictionless bearings and set to rotate about its axis with angular velocity w. After the cylinder has reached the specific state of rotation, it is heated from temperature T to (T+dT) without any mechanical contact. If dI/I is the fractional change in moment of inertia of the cylinder and dw/w be fractional change in the angular velocity of cylinder and A be the coefficient of linear expansion, then 1) dI/I = ? and also 2) dw/w = ? Ans - 1) 2dR/R 2) -2AdT Please I need the procedure

A uniform cylinder of mass M, radius R is placed on a frictionless bearings and set to rotate about its axis with angular velocity w. After the cylinder has reached the specific state of rotation, it is heated from temperature T to (T+dT) without any mechanical contact. If dI/I is the fractional change in moment of inertia of the cylinder and dw/w be fractional change in the angular velocity of cylinder and A be the coefficient of linear expansion, then 1) dI/I = ? and also 2) dw/w = ?

Ans - 1) 2dR/R
2) -2AdT
Please I need the procedure

Grade:12

1 Answers

mohit yadav
54 Points
10 years ago

ya the ans is correct

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free