MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: Rs.

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Grade: 12

what is meant by entropy..........................................................?

4 years ago

Answers : (19)

Vikas TU
12133 Points

entropy is the sudden change in randomness of the system due to may be from exapnding, contracting, collision etc.
small example →
take a glass of water and Eno.
eno prsesnt in packed paper after mixing with water the water gets higly instable due to increase in entropy.
that randomness suddenly increases whn eno is poured into the water.
4 years ago
Umakant biswal
5359 Points

@ sharda 
entropy of a system is actually the measurement of degree of randomess ordisorderliness of a system . 
it is a thermodynamic property and represented by a letter S . 
the entropyof gas , liquid , solid are as follow 
gas > liquid > solid |
formula to calculate is 
delta s  = q/t 
where delta s is the change in entropy and q is the heat absorbed . 
HOPE IT CLEARS YOUR DOUBT 
ALL THE BEST.
4 years ago
SHARADA
33 Points

randomess means...?
4 years ago
cris gayle
35 Points

entropy is the sudden change in randomness of the system due to may be from exapnding, contracting, collision etc.
small example →
take a glass of water and Eno.
eno prsesnt in packed paper after mixing with water the water gets higly instable due to increase in entropy.
that randomness suddenly increases whn eno is poured into the water.
4 years ago
anand
16 Points

let me explain in my words    according to secon law of thermodynamics all heat cant be converted into useful work.suppose u hav 125 heat (crude assumption) 25 must be required as the cost of the maintenence of the  system conditions .then the remaining u hav is 100 only that can be coverted into work
3 years ago
aditya
28 Points

entropy means the randomness or disorderness of a system. 

the absolute value of entropy cannot be calculated but the change can be calculated

entropy= q reversible / temperature (in kelvin)
3 years ago
Sahabudin
56 Points
							entropy is a thermodynamics process which may be increases or decreases randomness system that is expanding and contracting etc.

3 years ago
monesh kr. Agarwal
26 Points

spontaneity is associated with an increase in randomness or disorder of the system.The randomness is impressed by a thermodynamic quantity called entropy
3 years ago
monesh kr. Agarwal
26 Points

Spontaneity i​s associated with an increase in randomness or disorder of the system.the randomness is expressed by a thermodynamic quantity called entropy
3 years ago
bhanu
19 Points

entropy is the measure of disorderness or randomness of the system.
ex;liquids has more entropy than solids 
3 years ago
ASHWIN SRIKANTH
69 Points

a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
3 years ago
Ritu rani
23 Points
							I`m easy language u can understand in the way that motion of a body `s particles either increase or decrease that we call as entropy change 🙄

3 years ago
sanjay karthikeyan
42 Points

In statistical thermodynamicsentropy (usual symbol S) is a measure of the number of microscopic configurations Ω that a thermodynamic system can have when in a state as specified by certain macroscopic variables. Specifically, assuming that each of the microscopic configurations is equally probable, the entropy of the system is the natural logarithm of that number of configurations, multiplied by the Boltzmann constant kB (which provides consistency with the original thermodynamic concept of entropy discussed below, and gives entropy the dimension of energy divided by temperature). Formally,

{\displaystyle S=k_{\mathrm {B} }\ln \Omega .}S=k_{\mathrm {B} }\ln \Omega .

For example, gas in a container with known volume, pressure, and temperature could have an enormous number of possible configurations of the collection of individual gas molecules. Each instantaneous configuration of the gas may be regarded as random. Entropy may be understood as a measure of disorder within a macroscopic system. 

3 years ago
naveen
29 Points

entropy is the measure of disorder of system;\DeltaG=\DeltaH+T\DeltaS​​
G IS GIBBS FREE ENERGY,
H IS ENTHALPY,T IS TEMPERATURE,S IS ENTROPY.

3 years ago
DILIP
117 Points

Dear Sharada ,
 I think you have got the defination of Entropy , as many answered to this question.
I understood your doubt , What is randomness ? .

Randomness : the quality or state of lacking a pattern.

means , in simple words ,
Consider a vessel filled with gas.
Lets us assume that vessel contains 10 molecules of gas.
those molecules move in the vessel in all directions. that means they are randomly moving in the vessel. This is randomness.
If we increase temperature , those molecules gain kinetic energy, thus velocity of the molecules increases. They move with high speed in all directions randomly , Thus randomness increases.

I hope your doubt is clarified.
3 years ago
AJITH
97 Points

a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
3 years ago
somi teez
105 Points

entropy is a thermodynamic state ehich represents the degree of randomness....randomness means increase in the intermolecular space....rapidty in movement of molecules as in the case of fusion,vaporization or maybe sublimation
3 years ago
Lavanya kunderu
40 Points

hi, sharad randomness is nothing but disorderness. let me explain with an example gas spreads more place than liquid and solid. that is randomness means spreading/moving in a place
please approve my answer
3 years ago
keshav kalal
19 Points
							Well arrangement of particle in system is called antropy...del s is known as entropy...in gibs free energy delg = del h - t del s

3 years ago
Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?
Answer & Earn Cool Goodies

Course Features

• 731 Video Lectures
  • Revision Notes
  • Previous Year Papers
  • Mind Map
  • Study Planner
  • NCERT Solutions
  • Discussion Forum
  • Test paper with Video Solution